Foam Mattress Toppers

minniem

Does anyone know if Celebrity Cruise Line provides foam mattress toppers for the bed?  Hubby has a back issue and will be miserable if the bed is too hard.  We usually cruise Princess and they provide toppers but when we tried Royal Caribbean the room steward told us Royal does not provide them.  Len was in pain the entire cruise.  Len wants me to call Celebrity but I have found that customer service does not often know what is happening on the ships and will promise anything to make a sale.  Thanks to anyone who has had experience with foam mattress toppers.

you will get mixed answers.  At one time all cruise lines provided them but quantities were limited.  RCI stopped due to "health hazards".   If it were me, I would go to a store and buy an inexpensive one, pack it in a vacuum bag (remove all of the air and it becomes quite small), and bring it with me.   When I depart I would just leave it behind.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

you will get mixed answers.  At one time all cruise lines provided them but quantities were limited.  RCI stopped due to "health hazards".   If it were me, I would go to a store and buy an inexpensive one, pack it in a vacuum bag (remove all of the air and it becomes quite small), and bring it with me.   When I depart I would just leave it behind.

Another option I can think of, is, purchase an in-expensive one just before arriving at the ship.

If you research to decide which one you want, then it is a quick in and out. Most likely need to call the store in advance to insure that it is available and possibly put a hold on it for you...

bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Check with Celebrity Special Needs Department as the need for the topper is a medical issue.

That is what you tell them... then they put multiple quilts under the sheet and call it a mattress topper.  I've done that several times with the same result.  My suggestion is the same as above... if it will make or break your cruise, bring your own!

We were on Constellation a month ago and had a significant gap in the middle of the double bed (as its 2 singles side by side). Our steward said no problem, got an 'egg crate' mattress topper and solved the problem, so they have got them. You probably just have to ask.

Simon

That is great advice!  I'm avoiding back surgery like the plague and have been wondering the same thing; especially where I could purchase one in Amsterdam since we'll be there 5 days prior.

On a similar note:  does anyone know if some type of body pillow (or very long pillow) is available on the Reflection?  Needed as well for the back problem.  TIA, Heather

We are just off reflection and we did have bed topper.  Bed was much shorter than when we sailed 2 years ago.  I usually sleep with pillow under my legs to relieve pressure on back - this time bed was really comfortable