When you don't book with the cruise line

askfrog

Hi, This is the first time that we have not booked directly with the cruise line. My DH convinced me to try using a big box store. I just have a few questions.

Will we still have access to the cruise planner on RC's website?

If we do, does it take a few days for your reservation number to link up?

Thank you for your help.😊

1 minute ago, askfrog said:

Hi, This is the first time that we have not booked directly with the cruise line. My DH convinced me to try using a big box store. I just have a few questions.

Yes you still have access to the cruise planner 

It should link up instantly with your cruise planner.  I’ve seen cruises I have booked as a TA show up in my cruise planner 5 minutes later. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, askfrog said:

Yes you will, I am not sure how long it will take. They will not discuss your reservation with you though, whoever you used owns it. They only thing you can do is order from cruise planner. 

Your big box travel agent should have given you a reservation number when you booked. If he/she didn't, you need to go back and find out why. Go to RCI's web site and enter the reservation # in the "My Cruises" section. Once your reservation is listed you should be able to see your cruise planner.

WE have booked both ways...with RCCL and with an on-line cruise agency. The only difference is RCCL won't discuss your reservation with you. Everything has to go through the other agency. Recently we had to cancel our cruise and that also had to be done through the agency. It went smoothly and we never have had any issues. We always have had access to Cruise Planner once it was posted on RCCL. All of your show reservations, drink packages, etc. are booked and /or cancelled directly thru Cruise Planner.

However, you will read on these boards that a disadvantage of not booking with RCCL is being able to reach the agency in time to take advantage of price drops, etc. You just need to make sure you have a reputable agency. Some agencies also have cancellation fees in addition to RCCL fees.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:13 AM, askfrog said:

We have never booked any Cruise direct with the cruiseline.

Our TA gets the RCI confirmation usually Immediately which details price,pre- paid tips etc.

When I go on the cruise planner if it is not showing I manually enter the confirmation number and it instantly shows on the planner.

• Like 1

Since you posted sunday, you will by now have your cruise posted. That can take 4-24 hours to show up. Sometimes even quicker. 

As some have pointed out, you will not be able to contact royal about your cruise. Which i don't think is a bad thing. If you've read these boards, you can be on the phone for hours and be given the wrong info. 

• Like 1