Top 18 Solarium

framboesa

Hello! I saw that there is a Solarium at MSC Splendida, exclusive for some passengers (like Aurea/Yacht Club) but also saw that there are fees to use it.

Does it mean that the specific passengers can access paying a fee, or that the specific passengers can enter freely and the fee is for the other passengers? If so, when can we make reservation for this Solarium? Can we make it in advance before cruising? 

Thank you

Thank You for your quick responses :) I was thinking if it's a thing that we can book prior to cruise. Unfortunately in my country we are not able to book most of the things by our own, we have to ask the TA for everything and there are things that we don't even know that can be booked :D

Edited by framboesa

I can certainly sympathise with that as I have the same problem!

I've never heard of the Solarium being "booked out".  In my experience, the area is almost always under-utilised.  While I've never had to pay to use it, I believe you just give your cruisecard to the crew member on duty and he'll charge your onboard account.  Sometimes (usually when the ship is in port) the area isn't even attended, so you could get away with using the area without paying.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

On our Splendida sailing last year from Dubai, the Top 18 was always busy and we did see them not allowing admission to guests who wished to pay for the daily access on occasion.

Understandable if all the Aurea and Wellness guests were using it.

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

The Solarium is free for Aurea and YC guests;  all others can pay a fee which can only be done on each day that they want to use it.

Is it for Yacht Club guests on the older ships too, like Divina, or is that only on the newer ships?

I didn't saw any Yacht Club signs there on Divina. I shouldn't have used it anyway but should have liked to know if it was included!