Unable to Purchase Drink Package Pre Boarding?!?

CanadianCruiser1985

Hi folks,

For some reason when I log onto my MSC account no all inclusive drink package options are available. It will let me pre-purchase bottles of wine, etc. but no all inclusive package. My cruise leaves on March 9th. I originally booked through Sunning but they are not being helpful at all. How much is it to purchase the package on board? Any ideas to help me remedy this situation?

Thanks!

• 8 months later...

Since you booked through a certain they need to contact MSC on your behalf as they are now your travel agency for this booking. With that being said yes you are able to purchase drinks in advance and doing so saves the 15% service charge that you will be charged on-board. 

Are you looking to purchase a package outright or upgrade your current package (not sure if your booking has the easy drinks package included or not). The Canadian MSC website is really new and MSC isn’t known for great IT, their existing sites have a ton of issues so I’d imagine it’s the same for the Canadian site. 

I’m Canadian as well but booked prior to the launch of the Canadian site so my booking is on the US site. You can see if it will let you login there but more than likely not. 

My suggestion is to put together a list of pre cruise purchases you are interested in since you are having difficulty doing it online. Then call that agency and speak to a supervisor if necessary and have them call MSC in your behalf to get the items added to your booking. 

As an FYI I don’t think we are allowed to mention travel agents or agencies by name here so I didn’t name them in my response. You may want to see if you can edit your original post to not include the name. 

You should be able to do all your pre-cruises purchases online whether or not you booked through a TA, contrary to what other have said about you having the only option of going through your TA.  This should be obviously as there are somethings you can pre-book but other (and what you want) that are non functional. We have the same and similar issues.

The MSC Canadian website and Canadian Office is dysfunctional. We had issues and were just simply told by MSC it was a new set up and there is nothing they can (or are willing to) do about it...

MSC Canadian customer service is non-existent, their Canadian Website is dysfunctional and nobody answers calls or emails and no one is accountable. Also note your emails go to their US Office and the US Office will not or cannot assist Canadians. It appears your TA is no help either although they could if they were doing their job and earning their commission. Ours helped when MSC wouldn't.

I suggest you keep calling both and hounding until you get someone who actually takes their job seriously and helps you out. Best of luck and be patient.

If you can solve this please post as we Canadians are apparently all subject to MSC's dysfunctional website, lack of customer service and lack of caring.

OP, try this link and pleas let us know how, if this works for you.

https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Personal-Area/Login.aspx

I found this link and could put in our booking info and could go through purchasing up to payment, but I am not committed to making a purchase at this time (booked with the all in package, but thinking about excursions and other things, maybe).

See if it works for you and please post.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, electro said:

Can Canadians still book with US online TA's?

the prices on the Canadian site are much more than the US prices + exchange.

Lois

Yes you can, I booked through a TA in the US and between the 2 balcony cabins I saved $640US versus booking with MSC directly and the prices on the US site. You are right the prices on the CAN site were even higher. I was told the online agency had purchased a block of balcony cabins so they were able to offer a lower price. Usually the prices are identicalwith booking directly with the cruise line.