Quick Koningsdam Review

teacherman

We cruised on HAL 10 years ago.  Since that time, we have been exclusively Celebrity/RCCL and have "upper tier" status with both.  We decided to try something different, and yesterday returned home from an 11 night cruise on Koningsdam. WOW.  Loved the ship, entertainment, food, and service.  I had heard that HAL was trying to appeal to a younger generation.  Well, we are in our 70s and it must be our generation, because the Rock and Roll room and BB King's Blues Club were full each night with many people dancing and singing along with the songs.

We enjoyed Tamarind and Pinnacle Grill, feeling both were superior to anything we have yet experienced on RCCL.  We are scheduled for Zuiderdam this summer and Zaandam next January.  We realize that the older ships cannot compare to a new ship, but, hopefully, the food, service, and entertainment will still be very enjoyable.  I plan to share our great cruise with my friends on the RCCL board.

• Like 4

I think you will love your Zaandam and Zuiderdam cruises.  Every one of Holland's ships have her unique character although the entertainment might not be as lively as on the Kdam.  I went from the Kdam to the Rotterdam and really liked the style of the Rotterdam creaks and all, plus the bath tub!   I really enjoyed Rudi's stand alone and Blend on the Kdam. 

I loved the Koningsdam last year just before xmas ,..it was a great cruise ....good was awesome specialty restaurants great and service perfect 

Going back end ofMarch hope it will be greatagain ..Friends are going to I ravedabout it so much 

i love Hal ...hope to sail Nieuw Statendam one day