Cruise Manager changed on Carnival website

cruisent

I booked my new cruise yesterday and the Cruise Manager was normal like always, but today I logged in to check it and it's now a whole new layout that's much more difficult to view than before. Everything was always in one place to easily view and now it seems things are all over the place with little tiny fonts and a harsh white background. Big fail if this is considered an upgrade to their website! 

3 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

Mine has changed as well...and with someone with multiple bookings, it looks like it's going to slightly more cumbersome to navigate. 

Garnett

Cumbersome is a perfect word to describe it. It just seems everything is thrown all over the place now where things were all in one place to easily see at a glance before. 

13 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

My cruise manager looked like that for a while a couple of months ago and it has since gone back to normal. I agree it wasn’t very user friendly. Hopefully yours will go back to normal soon.

I tried logging out and back in to see if i'd get the old version back and I didn't. I don't want to be stuck with this. It's so....unpleasing to the eyes. 

10 minutes ago, cruisent said:

I tried logging out and back in to see if i'd get the old version back and I didn't. I don't want to be stuck with this. It's so....unpleasing to the eyes. 

I know. Mine just went back to the old version on it’s own and I was glad.

They apparently listened and have added the docs to the new manage my booking page. They also added the dates to the itinerary section. Definite improvements in my book from the last time this was rolled out about a month ago.

Edited by n6uqqq

7 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

Looks like they are beta testing again. If you want to try and get back to the "old better" one delete your carnival cookies and keep trying until it reverts back.

Hey, that worked!! Thanks! As soon as I deleted all Carnival cookies, I logged back in to see the old Cruise Manager! I just hope it stays. It's leagues better than that crappy new version. Thanks again...i'm so happy now lol. :classic_smile:

1 minute ago, cruisent said:

Hey, that worked!! Thanks! As soon as I deleted all Carnival cookies, I logged back in to see the old Cruise Manager! I just hope it stays. It's leagues better than that crappy new version. Thanks again...i'm so happy now lol. :classic_smile:

I was going to suggest this too.  I had this happen to me and I deleted the cookies and the old page view came back.  I find I have to delete cookies if I have gone to the FAQ page too much too.

20 minutes ago, cruisent said:

YW. While I do prefer the old site better, this new one has been improved a lot from a month ago.

I've been playing around with the new Cruise Manager page and I have to say that it's VERY tedious to navigate.  We currently have about 15 cruises on our manager and it's less than easy to get around.  Honestly, this is not an improvement.

Would love to have the old page(s) back.

Garnett

24 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

I've been playing around with the new Cruise Manager page and I have to say that it's VERY tedious to navigate.  We currently have about 15 cruises on our manager and it's less than easy to get around.  Honestly, this is not an improvement.

Would love to have the old page(s) back.

Garnett

I have about 12 or so booked and like to be able to scroll through them without actually clicking on them. The new format looks better to me.

3 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

I have about 12 or so booked and like to be able to scroll through them without actually clicking on them. The new format looks better to me.

I'll give you that much...it is easier to go from cruise to cruise, but my issue is all the clicks and scrolling it takes to get down to the details of each.  Having said that, like any other change, it may just take time to get used to the new format.  Either way, I'll adapt to whatever Carnival throws my way.

Garnett