Carnival Magic or Carnival Horizon??

Hi there!! Looking for a little input/advice/thoughts from those of you who have sailed on Magic and.or Horizon. 

I am planning my 40th Birthday cruise, Ill be cruising with my mom and 4 year old daughter. The two sailings I am look at are for 5/2/2020, Magic is doing an 8 day So. Caribbean to Curacao, Aruba, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Horizon has an 8 day So. Caribbean with stops to Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire. HELP!! Which ship would you book with?? What are your pros and cons with the Magic v Horizon???

I've only ever sailed on fantasy class ships like 5,000 years ago and have no experience sailing on the Dream or Vista class ships, though, I am booked on the Panorama for 2/2020 and booked an aft extended balcony in the Harbor Family area. 

Thank you!!

I really want to stop at Bonaire to snorkel so that would sway me.   Ha ha.  

I see your daughter is 4 so i think she will be happy with either ship.  They are easy to please at that age.  

And she probably won't be snorkeling so i would lean towards the Magic.  Half Moon Cay is beautiful.  One of my favorite beaches.  Its a nice easy day.  Free chairs nice calm water and lunch is right there for free.   There is also a little spray park your daughter might like.  Grand Turk can also be a nice easy day since there is a beach right when you get off.   I always needed an easy day with younger kids.  And you still get to go to Aruba and Curacao.   

• Like 1

I prefer the layout of Dream class ships over Vista class ships. I like going to a lot of shows, especially comedy, and the lounges on Dream class ships are far superior to the lounges on Vista class ships.  I also love the thalassotherapy pool on Dream class ships, which Vista class ships don’t have. Based on these preferences, I would pick Magic over Horizon. If these things don’t matter to you, I would pick Horizon since it it Carnival’s newest ship.  

One thing you didn’t mention is price.  If one cruise was significantly lower than the other one, I would go with the lower price.  If this is the case, most likely Magic will have the lower cruise  price. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I prefer the layout of Dream class ships over Vista class ships. I like going to a lot of shows, especially comedy, and the lounges on Dream class ships are far superior to the lounges on Vista class ships.  I also love the thalassotherapy pool on Dream class ships, which Vista class ships don’t have. Based on these preferences, I would pick Magic over Horizon. If these things don’t matter to you, I would pick Horizon since it it Carnival’s newest ship.  

One thing you didn’t mention is price.  If one cruise was significantly lower than the other one, I would go with the lower price.  If this is the case, most likely Magic will have the lower cruise  price. 

Thank you!

I think I am  leaning towards Magic. Ill be on the Panorama 3 months before and it would give me a chance to check out the Dream class. The price is a bit less expensive and it has 4 ports vs. the Horizon that only has 3. 

1 hour ago, JustLikeHeave80 said:

Hi there!! Looking for a little input/advice/thoughts from those of you who have sailed on Magic and.or Horizon. 

I am planning my 40th Birthday cruise, Ill be cruising with my mom and 4 year old daughter. The two sailings I am look at are for 5/2/2020, Magic is doing an 8 day So. Caribbean to Curacao, Aruba, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Horizon has an 8 day So. Caribbean with stops to Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire. HELP!! Which ship would you book with?? What are your pros and cons with the Magic v Horizon???

I've only ever sailed on fantasy class ships like 5,000 years ago and have no experience sailing on the Dream or Vista class ships, though, I am booked on the Panorama for 2/2020 and booked an aft extended balcony in the Harbor Family area. 

Thank you!!

Magic, Curacao and Aruba are a wash, so,,,,,,, I'd rather have 2 swim days in HMC, and Grand Turk, then 1 in Bonaire!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with comments above regarding preferring the thalassotherapy pool on the Magic in the Thermal Spa over the Horizon's hot tub however I've been on both (just off the Horizon 2 weeks ago) and that was pretty much the only thing that stood out on the Magic over the Horizon for me. I think the Magic has been refurbished since I was on it, but the Horizon has a super water slide and water park themed on Dr. Suess, not sure if the Magic was updated with that yet. Either way,  I LOVED BOTH! Whichever you pick, I think you'll have a fantastic time!

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 1:57 PM, JustLikeHeave80 said:

Thank you!!

I would choose the Magic due to HMC and Grand Turk ease with a 4 year old. The beaches are right there, no need for a cab.

I haven't sailed on the Horizon yet, but I did sail the Magic in 2016.  The kids still talk about it!  Beautiful ship, lots of fun.  I'd say you can't go wrong with either choice but know that if you choose the Magic, you won't be disappointed.  Have fun!

Both of them will be an incredible vacation. In general, people will find the Dream class to be a little more refined in some public areas. The Vista class has more to offer in areas like specialty dining and entertainment. Again, you can't go wrong either way. I would pick the Horizon though. In fact, I was looking at these itineraries too and am very interested in one on the Horizon. I will probably pick the one that goes to Aruba, La Romana, Amber Cove, then there's the choice of either Bonaire or Curacao. The ABC one sounds fun too, but I can't just do 3 ports on an 8 day cruise.