Upgrade Classic beverage to Premium beverage?

Citymom92

We received the classic package as a free perk with our booking, and I am considering using some of our OBC from our TA on board to upgrade both of us to the premium beverage package. However, my husband doesn't drink alcohol. He does however love some of the offerings in the non-alcoholic section of the premium package. Does it still make sense to upgrade both of us, or is there a better option to change his classic package to the non-alcoholic premium beverage package? I do think he will drink more than $11.80/day in non-alcoholic premium beverages (he can drink his weight in VitaminWater Zero, juices, and smoothies).  I see that I can have a different package than him, and I fully plan to take advantage of some of those great premium wines, Grey Goose, and martinis :). 

We booked our Alaskan cruise during wave season and got the premium package as a perk. DW doesn’t drink, but she gets value out of the virgin cocktails, but, with both of us having to buy, we wouldn’t have it at all without its inclusion as a perk. 

I don’ Have to drink at all, but I love it when it’s included!

10 minutes ago, Guindalf said:

We booked our Alaskan cruise during wave season and got the premium package as a perk. DW doesn’t drink, but she gets value out of the virgin cocktails, but, with both of us having to buy, we wouldn’t have it at all without its inclusion as a perk. 

I don’ Have to drink at all, but I love it when it’s included!

If you choose to take the drink package as a perk, you both have to choose the same perk, ie both choose drinks, but if buying the package you aren't required to purchase 2 packages. 

28 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

If you choose to take the drink package as a perk, you both have to choose the same perk, ie both choose drinks, but if buying the package you aren't required to purchase 2 packages. 

Are you sure? They say that packages may not be shared. So you can basically buy one package only, are they going to check who is drinking the drink you ordered in the bar, the pool or the theater?

image.png.27e848dcbd6bde1ef5fb7cb9410fdbfd.png

21 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Are you sure? They say that packages may not be shared. So you can basically buy one package only, are they going to check who is drinking the drink you ordered in the bar, the pool or the theater?

Only one person needs to buy a package. You can only get one drink at a time. I suppose that unscrupulous person could try to get another drink at another bar but if caught, the package can be withdrawn.

44 minutes ago, ak1004 said:

Yes, I, sure. Whether you have 1 or 2 packages, you may only order 1 drink at a time per card. If caught sharing the package would be forfeited.