Luggage allowance on flights out of NYC

rakkor

We're on the TA/Caribbean cruise in November flying back from NYC rather than continuing back on QM2 and I was wondering what our luggage allowance will be and what options we would have to increase it if required. Having only sailed Southampton - Southampton we normally include the kitchen sink in the packing, and don't get me started on the fact that we need a separate bag just for shoes!

Anyway, since we're on board for 19 nights and having to cater for both warm and cold weather I can see us having a need for a lot of stuff which a Ryan Air 15KG luggage allowance will not cover.

All and any suggestions appreciated

Buy extra baggage when your tickets are issued. 

We have a Cunard package to South Africa with 23 kgs pp  but flying back from Melbourne with 30kgs. pp.  So we intend to add an extra bag as there is no way 3 passengers can manage on 69kgs.  With BA it is about £60 for the additional case.  BA was the preferred airline of Cunard as it was the only direct flight on the day.

You could also contact Cunard as they may be able to change your flight.

6 hours ago, rakkor said:

Anyway, since we're on board for 19 nights and having to cater for both warm and cold weather I can see us having a need for a lot of stuff which a Ryan Air 15KG luggage allowance will not cover.

All and any suggestions appreciated

I did not know Cunard was using Ryanair! Or even that airline flew to NY. In the past we have always been given BA, Virgin or other decent airlines. Did you book direct or with another travel agent offering a package?

it seems you will just have to pay for extra bags, and have a good time wearing all the clothes😁🍾

6 hours ago, rakkor said:

Have you considered Cunard's recommendation to replace White Star Luggage. luggageforward.com . They will collect the bag at the Cunard Terminal, and you will next see it at your house. You might look at them for cost. They have a phone number to call for all the details.  It certainly is easier than hauling extra bags through the airport. 

Edited by Bigmike911

Rakkor,

If Hattie is correct and you haven't already booked, I would suggest you look into Norwegian Airlines. Their one-way fares in November are under $200 for coach and under $550 for Business Class. In Business Class you get two 20KG checked bags and one 10KG carry-on per person. I have flown Norwegian a few times and been very impressed. Definitely not a cattle-car experience.

Hattie, I apologize if I'm breaking any posting rules here.

40 minutes ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Rakkor,

If Hattie is correct and you haven't already booked, I would suggest you look into Norwegian Airlines. Their one-way fares in November are under $200 for coach and under $550 for Business Class. In Business Class you get two 20KG checked bags and one 10KG carry-on per person. I have flown Norwegian a few times and been very impressed. Definitely not a cattle-car experience.

Jack - Is this proper Business? As in flat beds?

1 hour ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Rakkor,

No problem with posting airline recommendations but UK bookings usually include the price of the return flight.

2 hours ago, cruiseluvva said:

Jack - Is this proper Business? As in flat beds?

No, the seats are not lay-flat that are made up with linens. However, the seats do recline about 45 degrees and are very spacious with 2-2-2 seating configuration on the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner. I love this airplane because it is pressurized to a lower altitude and has much better cabin air circulation. Also, the business ticket includes Club access before your flight. This is nice because I like to get to the airport very early for international flights. I should point out that Norwegian Airlines only flies into Gatwick.