voyager club first cruise discount?

daisy-mae

Can someone tel me if the Voyager Club discount can be used for our first MSC cruise?

I understand that we can't join until we have a booking, but once that is done, will the 5% be applied to the balance?

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, daisy-mae said:

Can someone tel me if the Voyager Club discount can be used for our first MSC cruise?

I understand that we can't join until we have a booking, but once that is done, will the 5% be applied to the balance?

Thanks!

You have to call your travel agent, but it can be done.  I got the discount after and so did several people on my roll call. You should also get the $50 OBC, too (one per cabin). 

1 hour ago, daisy-mae said:

Thanks!

You can join before booking, we did it. Google your question and it will take you where you need to go to apply. If you have high enough status with another cruise line they will slot you into theirs at an appropriate level. We are Elite Plus so we became "Black", their highest level. You will have to show proof of that level so we submitted copies of our last Celebrity cruise that has your status on it. It takes about two weeks.

You won't get the discount if you don't status-match to another line.  Just joining the Voyagers Club will not qualify you for the discount.

The OBC only comes with a Voyagers Club selection cruise - not with a normal booking.  You'll find the VC selection (with 5+5% discounts or 5+15% discounts in the VC section of the MSC website).  Again, you have to be a member at Silver or higher to qualify.

Thanks for the replies. We did manage to get the 10% discount. However, as we have no real status on other cruise lines there will be no OBC and according to MSC no discount for first time Voyager Club members either.

We are satisfied with the final price so will quit while we are ahead.....