Taking a Beverage off the ship...

Beagleluv6107

We have taken bottles of water with us at ports, and for our last cruise we took a hydration backpack with us for beach days (including Grand Turk).  I don't think there was anyone checking bags at the port (some ports check for fruits and other potentially harmful foods).  If you have unopened beverages in your cabin I don't think there would be an issue taking it off the ship.  I would have it in a bag and not your hand, but I'm sure parents bring juice boxes for the kids.

The island economy is heavily supported by tourism, so it wouldn't bother me to purchase a drink or 2 ashore also.

If bringing alcohol (beer) or sodas make sure the containers are unopened and in your beach bag/backpack.  But if it's beer you're bringing, you do owe it to yourself to give the local TurksHead brews a shot.  No more expensive than the ship.

• 1 month later...

I'd limit it to water.  Soda or adult beverages -- put a couple bucks in the local economy.

It's always fun to try a local brew or bottled beverage - not sure that Grand Turk has local stuff, but you can always get Caribbean made.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:54 AM, SpaceCowboy9 said:

I'd limit it to water.  Soda or adult beverages -- put a couple bucks in the local economy.

It's always fun to try a local brew or bottled beverage - not sure that Grand Turk has local stuff, but you can always get Caribbean made.

Turk Heads is THE local beer in Grand Turk.  Also the Bambarra rum, free shot up at Jack's Shack and it's sold in the Dufry shop and the bars around the cruise center.

• Like 1

Yeap, no one is checking your bags as you leave the ship to go to the Grand Turk. Unlike Cozumel. But the drinks are not very expensive either, and unless you are going with kids, you can treat yourself with some of the local drinks like The Turk Heads.

Just returned from a cruise with a port stop at Grand Turk.  We booked an island tour with a company selling tram tours right on the beach.  As we waited for the time for our tour, my husband bought a local bottle of beer and a pina colada for me, $17.  You be the judge if that is a good price or not. He bought them from a little beach hut on the sand right there at the cruise port.