Havanacar Tours

Houndfish

• 4 weeks later...

We did the 3 hour walking tour and 3 hour convertible tour combo last Wednesday (3/27/19). The whole thing was great and our tour guide was very friendly and informative. I highly recommend this company and this tour to everyone. Much cheaper to book directly compared to what the cruiselines charge. Worth every penny! 

On 3/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, Houndfish said:

Has anyone booked a tour thru Havana Car?

Feedback will be appreciated.

We just got back from Cuba and had booked a 3 hour classic car tour and a 3 hour car tour through HavanaCar.net.  Stefano was excellent in getting back to us promptly, and answered all my questions.  Victor was an excellent car tour guide, I'd recommend him. 

However, we got Osvy as our walking tour guide, and I would not recommend him.  It seemed like he was getting kickbacks from different places that he pushed.  I wanted authentic Cuban food and he took us to a fancier restaurant than we wanted with a doorman.  He said it was BBQ. We kept asking if it was expensive and he said no, but we were limited on how many CUCs we had.  We ended up ordering appetizers for $9.  All I could get was tuna on lettuce, no dressing and my husband got four small pieces of Bruschetta.  He kept trying to get us to buy tickets for some night spot even though we kept saying no.  And he kept giving us business cards to sell things.  I was very disappointed in the walking tour.  

5 minutes ago, CarolinaGirl2010 said:

We just got back from Cuba and had booked a 3 hour classic car tour and a 3 hour car tour through HavanaCar.net.  Stefano was excellent in getting back to us promptly, and answered all my questions.  Victor was an excellent car tour guide, I'd recommend him. 

However, we got Osvy as our walking tour guide, and I would not recommend him.  It seemed like he was getting kickbacks from different places that he pushed.  I wanted authentic Cuban food and he took us to a fancier restaurant than we wanted with a doorman.  He said it was BBQ. We kept asking if it was expensive and he said no, but we were limited on how many CUCs we had.  We ended up ordering appetizers for $9.  All I could get was tuna on lettuce, no dressing and my husband got four small pieces of Bruschetta.  He kept trying to get us to buy tickets for some night spot even though we kept saying no.  And he kept giving us business cards to sell things.  I was very disappointed in the walking tour.  

Sounds like the same guide we had. He was a little pushy with his side jobs (selling gold or something like that?). We enjoyed the place he took us to eat, the food was delicious. Luckily we had plenty of money for lunch even tho it was more expensive than we were expecting. The rest of the tour he was great, very informative. 

3 minutes ago, CarolinaGirl2010 said:

it was a nice restaurant, but not what we wanted. We had said we wanted something simple and fast more than once, and when he said BBQ, we figured he understood. And yes, it was gold bars he was pushing. 

Yeah, it was not what we were expecting from the way he described the food.

I would highly recommend Havana Journeys they advertised 3 hours walking an3 hours in a car but by the time we were done we had been out for 7 and a half hours. The guides are very informative and know all the history. And the price was excellent $120 CUC for the both of us. They will take you anywhere you want to go.

We could not have been happier choosing Havanacar 

Our 3 hour walking tour was better than we expected.
Kenya, our guide was very informative. He answered all our questions and knew just what to show us. We also took a 3 hour classic car tour with Jose in a stunning Ford 1955 Convertible. Again, very informative.
Both guides were flexible to ensure we saw everything on our list and much more. Both guides made us feel very safe.

It was very easy to meet Kenya. She was waiting at the entrance of an hotel less than 200 meters from the terminal.

All was very easy from the booking with Stefano who literally replied my emails in less than 5 minutes to the drop off at the terminal at the end of the tour.

And the price was much better than the ship. I Highly recommend this company!

On 4/17/2019 at 1:03 PM, Old Timer Cruiser said:

I would highly recommend Havana Journeys they advertised 3 hours walking an3 hours in a car but by the time we were done we had been out for 7 and a half hours. The guides are very informative and know all the history. And the price was excellent $120 CUC for the both of us. They will take you anywhere you want to go.

Was the car a convertible?

We used them on our March visit to Havana.  Would agree that Stefano was very responsive during the pre planning.   I had requested 2 convertibles AND English speaking drivers for both cars.  Unfortunately only 1 driver was English speaking.    Was not as enjoyable for those with the non English speaking driver unfortunately as they felt they merely just drove by everything and not quite sure what they were looking at.  Both cars were in good condition, easy to find our drivers when we exited the ship, etc.    Only wish we had English speaking guides for both cars.....