Shore Excursions Iceland

RoyBoys44

We are travelling to Reykjavik, Iceland in early October and arrive at 12pm and depart at 4pm the following day. We would like to see the Golden Circle and if possible the Northern Lights on the first day. Does anyone know if there are tours that leave for the Golden Circle at 12.30pm? Most seem to leave at 10.30am or 11.30am. Would it be possible to do the Golden Circle and then the Northern Lights that night? We were hoping to go to the Blue Lagoon the next day.

Or would we be better hiring a car?

thank you

5 hours ago, Wyoming2010 said:

I, too, would be interested in this information.

As advised in comment 2 above, the OP has posted his/her questions over in the Ports of Call/Europe/Northern Europe forum, and has received replies (including from me):

I will also add that there is plenty of additional information about Iceland in that forum.

Edited by Turtles06

Just because you are in Iceland "at the right time" doesn't mean you will see the Northern Lights!!   We had two nights in Fairbanks "at the right time" but the weather was against us.  When we booked into the hotel we were asked if we wanted to be woken if they appeared; wonderful offer!!

We also cruised from Yokohama to Seattle just about "at the right time" and arranged for the ship to do the same thing; again no luck.