Equinox Revolution

toohoos

I called Celebrity today since I'm in a Sky Suite in October.  I explained that we'd booked specifically due to the redesigned suites and public spaces and are considering cancelling.  I was told they haven't yet approved any onboard credits or discounts as a result of the scaled back Revolution plans.  I am going to wait until a bit closer to July and then decide if I'll cancel.  

Side note:  The agent also told me that The Retreat will still be created but it won't have a bar.  What???

Unfortunately, it seems that all the major upgrades had to get put on hold. Either not enough time now, unable to get the materials to Cadiz in time, or both.

What a shame. However, I'm sure they are doing the best they can. The dry dock was already scheduled, so they had to use the time frame. They were probably lucky to get the time in Cadiz to begin with that matched when the ship could get there. I'm sure there are people in the Celebrity offices trying to figure out when/how they can finish the revolution.

On 4/23/2019 at 6:05 PM, misterkevin said:

I'll add another vote of disappointment for the retirement of Silk Harvest for Le Petit Chef. Silk Harvest was an amazing fusion of Asian flavors, a good value, and gave guests a variety of options. To me, LPC is an overpriced Disney-style gimmick with a prix fixe menu tailored towards least common denominator tastes in fine dining: surf and turf. I'm glad I didn't make reservations for Silk Harvest which still shows on the cruise planner.

I don't want to be a total Debbie Downer. I hope there will be much more to like. I'm looking forward to the movie screen and alcoves. 

We agree!

Le Petit Chef is a miserable replacement for Qsine or Silk Harvest. We tried it on the Reflection. Complete disappointment to us. Will never dine there again. 

— Don

Le Petit Chef dining is one of the most innovative dining experiences at sea (or land). Our family has not stopped 

talking about it and can't wait to see it again. if you want another steak in your life don't go there. If you want a memorable experience LPC is amazing technology

On 5/9/2019 at 4:14 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Disregard above.  I can't get CC to remove the quote I did to read the whole thing.

I've done LPC on both the Reflection and the Eclipse.  I enjoyed it both times, but see no reason to keep doing.  The food was good, and the presentation amusing once.  I could see going back to Q'sine again and again, and maybe other restaurants to try different things.  But to have the same menu and show over and over again?  I don't think so.    Also, friends pointed out it does make the dinner very rushed.

Your mileage of course may vary.  This is my opinion.

On 5/9/2019 at 10:50 PM, X2tgibso said:

I think the only thing I’ll miss is water in the Retreat.  I was looking forward to being able to jump in the hot tub occasionally while relaxing on deck.  I’ll treat myself to an extra drink and get over it I’m sure 😎😉

I will miss the new improvements to the bathroom.  The bathrooms in the suites on the edge were great-

New carpet, curtains and the other "dressings" are getting tatered and torn.   Hope that they at least replace those items.  Furniture can stay- but the other decor should be replaced.

Edited by Cruise a holic

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

There are two threads titled "Equinox Revolution"..confusing!

Diff issues perhaps..but maybe combine or re title one.????

Actually there are 3.  I did ask the mods if they could be combined.

Sad to lose Silk Harvest...esp  because we like cruising on the  Equinox.....

As for the Retreat Lounge,  I think  the area ( formerly Michaels)  is just off the Ensemble Lounge / Bar  where  staff or suite guests  could  obtain drinks...

Not sure what they are  doing  in the sun deck area.,.seems less than originally planned,

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 10:50 PM, X2tgibso said:

I think the only thing I’ll miss is water in the Retreat.  I was looking forward to being able to jump in the hot tub occasionally while relaxing on deck.  I’ll treat myself to an extra drink and get over it I’m sure 😎😉

I wonder if there ever was a hot tub planned on Equinox?  We booked a signature suite for Aug 2020 while on Edge in Feb the future cruise guy showed us the deck plans on the website then and there was no hot tub featured in Feb.  i look forward to the area for the decease in passengers as too many people cause me anxiety.  Wish 2020 was here 😎

2 hours ago, mmeg29 said:

I wonder if there ever was a hot tub planned on Equinox?  We booked a signature suite for Aug 2020 while on Edge in Feb the future cruise guy showed us the deck plans on the website then and there was no hot tub featured in Feb.  i look forward to the area for the decease in passengers as too many people cause me anxiety.  Wish 2020 was here 😎

When we booked our suite, we were told they were adding the hot tub to the Retreat.  After the drydock we were told (by Celebrity), plans for the Retreat were still moving forward, except for the hot tub.  Overall isn't a huge deal for us but I will miss it just a little 😎