room service in Bella on Seaside

mali06

There's no charge for the continental breakfast - just the delivery.  All other items have a charge for everybody who's not in YC or has the PremiumPlus package.  Here are the breakfast menus (if I can find the room service menu photos, I'll post them, too)

image.thumb.png.9beaf134e2481e88d6eae65546dd6e31.png

image.thumb.png.2df3969c6a40bbee9aa2c201acc5b84d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Question:

Is the $7.95 service charge per item or does it cover multiple items from the section?  If I ordered wings and pasta, would it be $7.95 or $15.90?   Never could get a clear answer on that..  Thanks. 

It's $7.95 and is for a maximum of 2 items per person per stateroom (this is stated just below "Dinner Menu" in the photo).

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

It's $7.95 and is for a maximum of 2 items per person per stateroom (this is stated just below "Dinner Menu" in the photo).

So basically - I should read the fine print?!?! Lol. ☺️

Many thanks.  

6 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

So basically - I should read the fine print?!?! Lol. ☺️

Many thanks.  

Sorry ... didn't mean it to sound that way.  I just meant to let you know that it's specified (rather than you having to take my word for it  😉)

It's not easy to make out some things in photos posted.  I often open them in a new tab so I can zoom in to read them more closely.

Edited by Beamafar

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Bella doesn't have the room service charge included, so it will apply 24/7 in your case.

Hi Bea ....Thx for all the answers and photos you post 

We’re on the Armonia in May and have a suite with the Aurea package 

I think you answered my question before about the hot breakfast price of $7.95 

But does having a suite w Aurea pkg have any other room perks like free delivery on the dinner menu? 

Luckily we’re grandfathered In on the old deluxe drink pkg for the mini bar drinks/snacks 😜🍹🍹

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Sorry ... didn't mean it to sound that way.  I just meant to let you know that it's specified (rather than you having to take my word for it  😉)

It's not easy to make out some things in photos posted.  I often open them in a new tab so I can zoom in to read them more closely.

Oh no worries at all - I was definitely being self deprecating.  I'm usually a touch more detail oriented than I showed here. I tried an embarrassed emoji - not sure it conveyed all that well. Lol.  No worries - I definitely appreciate your answer and clarification - and your encyclopedic knowledge of MSC, and your  endless patience with us new MSC cruisers.  Many thanks.  

9 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Oh no worries at all - I was definitely being self deprecating.  I'm usually a touch more detail oriented than I showed here. I tried an embarrassed emoji - not sure it conveyed all that well. Lol.  No worries - I definitely appreciate your answer and clarification - and your encyclopedic knowledge of MSC, and your  endless patience with us new MSC cruisers.  Many thanks.  

Thank you for your very kind words!  😊

I did 'get' the emoji, so knew what you meant.  👍  (Aren't emojis so helpful in conveying tone  😜)

I'm often concerned that I come across as a bit abrupt in some of my answers.  Some people on here have a lovely way of explaining things.  I just mean to be succinct and to the point (except when I wander off-topic - like now LOL)

I read the following sometime ago;  it perfectly describes a situation that happened to me on here recently:

We have many options available to us now when it comes to communication, face-to-face, phone, facetime, e-mail, text. For difficult or sensitive subjects, text has got to be the worst, followed closely by e-mail. Without tone, voice, body language or facial expression, a huge part of the human communications repertoire becomes unavailable, and the chances of misinterpretation of message and/or tone increase hugely, along with the chances of offence being taken with resulting counterattacks and the whole interaction goes into a downward spiral.

11 hours ago, LaCal said:

Hi Bea ....Thx for all the answers and photos you post 

We’re on the Armonia in May and have a suite with the Aurea package 

I think you answered my question before about the hot breakfast price of $7.95 

But does having a suite w Aurea pkg have any other room perks like free delivery on the dinner menu? 

Luckily we’re grandfathered In on the old deluxe drink pkg for the mini bar drinks/snacks 😜🍹🍹

Afraid not, LaCal.  The delivery charge is $7.95 for the delivery, but, as has been outlined, you can order a total of 4 items for 2 people in the cabin for that.  Funny thing is we were charged the 15% service charge on top of the delivery charge for the hot breakfast - making it a total of $9.14!  🙄

6 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Thank you for your very kind words!  😊

I did 'get' the emoji, so knew what you meant.  👍  (Aren't emojis so helpful in conveying tone  😜)

I'm often concerned that I come across as a bit abrupt in some of my answers.  Some people on here have a lovely way of explaining things.  I just mean to be succinct and to the point (except when I wander off-topic - like now LOL)

I read the following sometime ago;  it perfectly describes a situation that happened to me on here recently:

We have many options available to us now when it comes to communication, face-to-face, phone, facetime, e-mail, text. For difficult or sensitive subjects, text has got to be the worst, followed closely by e-mail. Without tone, voice, body language or facial expression, a huge part of the human communications repertoire becomes unavailable, and the chances of misinterpretation of message and/or tone increase hugely, along with the chances of offence being taken with resulting counterattacks and the whole interaction goes into a downward spiral.

That is a great description - to some extent, or a lot of the extent. 

To add a touch - many people read (or listen even) with their preconceived response and reaction - not reading or listening for intent or content really. That's a major reason for disagreements even in person - where we can see body language and hear tone and so forth.. more common in text/print - but too common in real life too. 

I, for one, definitely appreciate succinct and direct - and  I assume people aren't out to be intentionally rude or combative. Others seen to assume that direct means rude or combative rather than simply direct and go on to further a "fight" that wasn't there.  

Ahh well, now we're way off topic! 

Back to the room service - TBH, I actually unsersan the charges - it makes sense, and does help keep the waste down.  I think we did room service twice - both times for the cookies!!! Lol. Those were pretty darn good.  I'm thinking we'll be trying more in our next sailing - well see.

Truly, thanks for all your help to everyone. It's pretty great how willing you are to share and help. Thanks 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have a question associated with this thread. For Fantastica guests, it says "Free Room Service" but then says "24 hour room service with Free Continental Breakfast". Is only the continental portion of the breakfast menu both free for the food AND delivery? Is anything else free for both food and delivery? 

49 minutes ago, Reds4life said:

I have a question associated with this thread. For Fantastica guests, it says "Free Room Service" but then says "24 hour room service with Free Continental Breakfast". Is only the continental portion of the breakfast menu both free for the food AND delivery? Is anything else free for both food and delivery? 

The service is included, but you have to pay for the items on the room service menu - except the Continental breakfast items, which aren't charged.  There's an American breakfast which we had on Armonia in January; the 'service charge' was $7.95 but we were charged the 15% service charge on top of that, which brought the cost to $9.14.

See post #2 for the breakfast menus and the indicated charge on the American breakfast page.

Edited by Beamafar

On 4/4/2019 at 12:29 AM, LaCal said:

Dinner is never delivered to your cabin, no matter what Experience you booked, paid or unpaid. Only if you are sick (confirmed by the hospital onboard), they will deliver to your cabin. 

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

Dinner is never delivered to your cabin, no matter what Experience you booked, paid or unpaid. Only if you are sick (confirmed by the hospital onboard), they will deliver to your cabin. 

I am confused by this statement as the menu above has many dinner items including a New York Strip steak.  Why would they be on the room service menu if they cannot be delivered?

Edited by smile145

8 hours ago, smile145 said:

Is the American breakfast included with the Premium Plus drink package?  The package states room service drinks and food is included.

We had a drinks package (the old Premium one) that covered food items from the room service menu when on Armonia in January and we had to pay for the American breakfast.

8 hours ago, smile145 said:

I am confused by this statement as the menu above has many dinner items including a New York Strip steak.  Why would they be on the room service menu if they cannot be delivered?

The dinner menu is only available on US-based sailings;  the majority of MSC sailings are non-US based and a lot of people only have experience on those - hence the confusion.

There is a charge for room-service dinner, too, and that is more than likely not covered in any of the drinks packages.

• Like 1