Aurea Priority Boarding

gatlinburg

Separate Aurea bag drop might be tricky. We sail YC so I know how that works at the tent. There is a YC roster that is checked off at the tent. The porters know about YC and they have separate gold bag tags they put on YC bags and the bags go on a separate bag cage. To my knowledge there are no Aurea bag tags, other than the ones printed by the guests.

This is my experience at Miami, Port Canaveral, and Kiel. Those are the only MSC ports I’ve embarked from.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

Anyone have experience with Aurea priority boarding in Barcelona, if it exists? Toting a couple of kids so want to get there are the right time to not have to wait too long. Thanks!

Not at Barcelona, but all of the European ports we've embarked at have been very similar. There's a separate check in desk marked Aurea. Head to that and check in ✔️ 

• Like 1

We will be sailing on the Seascape in December. Sailing out of Miami. Aurea balcony cabin. I was just informed that our check in time is 3pm. Hmmm. Way too late. So, based on what's typed above, we can show up in the morning and check in? The 3pm time just shocked me

Thanks

4 hours ago, blueslily said:

We will be sailing on the Seascape in December. Sailing out of Miami. Aurea balcony cabin. I was just informed that our check in time is 3pm. Hmmm. Way too late. So, based on what's typed above, we can show up in the morning and check in? The 3pm time just shocked me

Thanks

The priority check in relates to the queuing system at the port rather than the time of your arrival to check in. It's just a separate desk for Aurea guests not that you have priority to arrive first. That said, outside of Covid restricted sailings, they aren't very strict on checking your printed time and actual time. In our experience anyway. Certainly, if we had 3pm, I'd be arriving earlier 🙂

On 9/9/2023 at 3:37 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

The priority check in relates to the queuing system at the port rather than the time of your arrival to check in. It's just a separate desk for Aurea guests not that you have priority to arrive first. That said, outside of Covid restricted sailings, they aren't very strict on checking your printed time and actual time. In our experience anyway. Certainly, if we had 3pm, I'd be arriving earlier 🙂

Ok, thank you. Honestly, the time is a big bummer. Never had such a late time. Ever. But, we will work it out. Thanks

At Port Canaveral, Aurea passengers can arrive at the port at anytime. Once you are through security you will be directed to check in. You will still receive a boarding group however Aurea is called first along with Diamond right after those in wheelchairs. It is a very nice perk. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeal said:

At Port Canaveral, Aurea passengers can arrive at the port at anytime. Once you are through security you will be directed to check in. You will still receive a boarding group however Aurea is called first along with Diamond right after those in wheelchairs. It is a very nice perk. 

Thank you!

• Like 1