Maiden cruise of MSC Bellissima

little britain

A few random thoughts....

This is my 4th MSC cruise,  I have also done several Maidens with other lines. Comparisons will be inevitable!

Check in was speedy and efficient in Southampton. No welcome glass as you boarded. Nothing special at sail away either. 

We have Fantastica balcony. Very limited storage, no drawers. Very small wardrobe. Much smaller than I remember from Meraviglia.  No light at dressing table. No low level lighting in the bathroom.

Zoe doesn’t seem to talk to anyone! The on line app is good however with all menus for the week, easy to book shows, and even pdf of the port maps.  A lot of unhappy people as Cirque de Soleil will only be performed twice ( after we were told it was not going to be on at all and people were refunded!)

Rough seas, A Coruna cancelled. Arriving in Lisbon Thursday afternoon and staying till Saturday afternoon now.  No announcements by the Captain, even when the itinerary was changed!  Instant mutterings about “compensation...” 🙄.  I’ve even heard a complaint that the pools are not open ... 

Ship swinging like a pendulum!! Several crashes, broken plates and glasses.

No information in the cabin about Black benefits. 🤔. Is this usual now as before I’ve always had cards?

07F761FE-CE7E-4C42-945A-2A1DAAB8855B.jpeg

89C23907-29A8-4EB3-86E0-FDA018A52D18.jpeg

EBA85E40-DAC9-4460-95BA-EC35B13235A6.jpeg

Edited by little britain

The ceiling is fantastic as usual.  The bars are jumping although there is not much to do during the day - especially with our extra enforced sea day and bad weather. I think they could have put on a movie in the theatre or something?

First show was called Pink, and it was a tribute to women singers.. and lots of pink dresses! 

Last night was an singer... Dean Martin type... standing room only. 

A few more shops, they have removed the library ( now a few shelves!) and the Technology shop has a few Apple items

2A7B19E9-15C1-4663-AF0B-BC2C80DD169C.jpeg

The ceiling is fantastic as usual.  The bars are jumping although there is not much to do during the day - especially with our extra enforced sea day and bad weather. I think they could have put on a movie in the theatre or something?

First show was called Pink, and it was a tribute to women singers.. and lots of pink dresses! 

Last night was an singer... Dean Martin type... standing room only. 

A few more shops, they have removed the library ( now a few shelves!) and the Technology shop has a few Apple items

• Like 1

Thanks for doing this, LB!  😉

Apparently if you want to know what discounts you get for being Black Card (or any other level, for that matter) you have to go to the Cruise Consultant.  This has been the case for quite a while, now.  They used to put a book of discount vouchers in the cabins when Voyagers' Club was first introduced;  they were a waste, which is why, I suppose, they did away with them.

I'd love to see the drinks menus when you get a chance.

26 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Thanks for doing this, LB!  😉

Apparently if you want to know what discounts you get for being Black Card (or any other level, for that matter) you have to go to the Cruise Consultant.  This has been the case for quite a while, now.  They used to put a book of discount vouchers in the cabins when Voyagers' Club was first introduced;  they were a waste, which is why, I suppose, they did away with them.

I'd love to see the drinks menus when you get a chance.

Champagne bar by the glass prices....

92BC0431-72AF-4F0F-8666-B7414A801680.jpeg

9DC73925-5C2B-4CB6-B4FA-58F163D8CC3B.jpeg

D6E0EDDB-3ECC-4BC2-AFC3-73CEDAAC84A6.jpeg

F7B30A76-E239-4C34-B594-175357611C94.jpeg

• Like 2

The waves caused a lot of damage.... many broken glasses and bottles. Plates flying off the tables.   The omelette chef told me that even one of the heavy omelette cooking units fell on the floor and smashed.

Many people effected by seasickness too.

D19E7D81-0BE0-4092-9493-B4E8E206D07F.jpeg

Nice boat but that is about it, the inside cabin is a good size but they don’t even give you a chair!! Just a small stool not good at all. Zoe the wonderful smart hub needs scrapping total waste of time ask it nearly anything and the response is ask a member of staff, probably why the guests services always has a long line!!

Unfortunately our cabin is on deck 14 and they decided the best time to clean the floor and drag the table and chairs around is the middle of the night keeping us awake till 3 am The food quality is very average having just come off Celebrity no comparison. As previously mentioned black member benefits sheet not there just not organised in general very dissatisfied in general.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Have you managed to check out the spa as interested in pictures if you have been there, thanks

Identical to Meraviglia... sensory steam rooms, sauna, 2 jacuzzis and hot chairs, cold showers and spray walkthroughs...still evidence of some work in progress though 😲 

D8AB91F4-56CD-4021-99BA-92303F802355.jpeg

40FD0935-FB08-42C7-9D03-F6828B1CE84C.jpeg

0BB0A122-DE02-4DB3-BF73-3DFF56078A2F.jpeg

2C75B2FB-4A2B-4D50-A25E-2AE4DFB9178B.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Have you managed to check out the spa as interested in pictures if you have been there, thanks

Identical to Meraviglia... sensory steam rooms, sauna, 2 jacuzzis and hot chairs, cold showers and spray walkthroughs...still evidence of some work in progress though 😲 

40 minutes ago, little britain said:

D8AB91F4-56CD-4021-99BA-92303F802355.jpeg

This was not broken on the non cruise for the christening... 😞

There are two drawers in the wardrobe. But I totally agree - not really much storage.

steamboats

34 minutes ago, steamboats said:

This was not broken on the non cruise for the christening... 😞

There are two drawers in the wardrobe. But I totally agree - not really much storage.

steamboats

That was not the only one looking like that!!

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

That was not the only one looking like that!!

We saw a lot of workers onboard fixing stuff.

BTW ZOE didn´t work on our non cruise either. On Friday she insisted in speaking French and the commands to change the language didn´t work. Then suddenly she spoke English but only for a moment. On Saturday she finally agreed to speak German. But the only question she answered properly was for the number of ships in the fleet. All other answers did not fit to the question or she told us to ask the staff 😂. We were told that she wasn´t programmed for the event.

Enjoy your longer stay in Lisbon! At least the weather should be better now!

steamboats

None of the whirl pools were filled and the AquaPark had no water yet (nor the slides) - o.k. the weather didn´t call for pools anyway. But it would have been nicer on my photos.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats

Not quite sure what you mean, LB, unless it's because there are no dots next to any of the sides.  In that case, I imagine that you can choose any of them.

Looking at that menu, I would be very happy to pay €23 for the 'Dining Experience'.  There is one appetizer and one main that I could order and there are a number of things that DH would enjoy.  I just might try this venue out on Seaview.  😊 

I think it may just be an oversight, LB.  It states that you can choose a side, so I'm sure that they're all available to choose from.

Sorry ... I see the qualification "... provided they are marked with an icon"  (hadn't seen that earlier).  That does not make any sense!

Edited by Beamafar

Day 5; still no announcements from the captain, no invitations to the Voyager party, which given several guests getting off tomorrow means they will miss out ( if there is one held); and no momentos yet or commerative items for being on the maiden sailing.....