temperature in restaurant

kroeni

Dear all,

can anybody tell me the room temperature in Oceania restaurants, especially at Alaska cruises ?The reason for asking is that US Americans cool down the room temperature in hotel restaurant much lower as we do in Germany. So we need a jacket or sweater in the US 😉

• Like 1

We found it inconsistent on Riviera in November (not an AK cruise).

Not bothersome to us, but one right in RG, within a five- or ten-minute stretch, the two-top to my left asked if the temp cound be raised, and the two-top on my right asked if it could be lowered 🙂 

I've gone back to our stateroom to grab a sweater or light wrap in the past. I don't recall ever being too hot in the grand dining room. Temperature is so subjective based on our bodies/hormones/etc. that I dont' know that you can ever find a perfect setting. For me, layers is key.

My wife typically carries a sweater to the Specialties and often uses it. I typically wear a sports jacket and often glad I do! Rarely have I removed it because it was too warm. 

The ships are better than most US restaurants in this regard, however things like positioning of the ship and the sun’s direction has a lot more effect aboard ship than stationary land restaurants.

The primarily factor in so many US restaurants keeping their establishments so cool is that it is one of the tactics in quickly flipping tables. Experiment has shown than if one is cooler they eat faster and talk less. Furthermore, they are more likely to leave more quickly than stay where it’s so cool. Result is flipping tables and getting more customers through the door. Since other cultures don’t have those philosophies and practices they don’t participate in the game!

when we go to early dinner it I start off with a sweater then as the room fills it comes off

I do not find it freezing like some land based places

but it is subjective as to what your tolerances are

JMO

Yes, bring a sweater or pashmina because the temperature varies based on how full the dining area is, the position of the ship vis a vis the sun, etc., and all those may change as you eat!  

BTW, my spouse always wears a long-sleeve dress shirt to dinner and never anymore packs a jacket for cruises on Oceania.

There are certain areas in the main dining room on the larger “O” ships - Marina and Riviera - where I will not be seated because I think the air circulation there is poor; IMO in the narrow area on the opposite side of the dining room from the entrance.