Dining table size request

maggieq

A couple of weeks before our cruises we have reached out to Rccl via email with a dining table size request.  Is there something similar I can do with celebrity?  Our ta did note our preference when booking. 

Thanks!

Since your TA made the request, there's not much more you can do pre-cruise. However when you board the ship, go your dining venue and check with the maître d that your request has been honored. If not request a change. Whenever we've dined in the MDR  with traditional early or late dining we always do this. Only once our request for a table for 2 was not honored and that time the maître d was able to change us to a table for 2. If you're dining in Select in the MDR,  Blu or Luminae you just go and request what you want. In the MDR in Select you may also make a reservation for the time and number of diners.

Edited by Luvcrusn

6 minutes ago, maggieq said:

A couple of weeks before our cruises we have reached out to Rccl via email with a dining table size request.  Is there something similar I can do with celebrity?  Our ta did note our preference when booking. 

Thanks!

You could try reaching out to Celebrity as well. However, on embarkation day we always go to the MDR to check out the table we were assigned. If it is wrong we seek out the maitre 'd who is usually around to make it right. It's happened on a few occasions where we requested a large table and we were assigned a small one.

1 hour ago, maggieq said:

Thanks!  We have gone to dining room and asked to change before. Just wondered if they had an email option similiar to Rccl.  

You can probably call Captain's Club our your travel planner and have them modify if booked  directly with Celebrity.   If you booked or transferred to an agent they own the reservation and you need to have them enter the request.

3 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

Are you assigned a table before sailing?

When you board and go to your storeroom you'll find a card there with your table assignment.  We don't wait for cabins to be ready to find out, but go to the MDR as soon as we board to check that our assignment matches our pre-cruise request. 

1 minute ago, bkbarrym said:

Yes. There will be a card with your table assignment n your cabin when you board.

We would prefer a table for two. I was planning to go to the MDR first thing after boarding. How would I know what they have assigned us if we haven't been to the room yet?

3 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

When you board and go to your storeroom you'll find a card there with your table assignment.  We don't wait for cabins to be ready to find out, but go to the MDR as soon as we board to check that our assignment matches our pre-cruise request. 

Can I request a table for two now? (Cruising on June 5th).

11 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

Are you assigned a table before sailing?

When you board and go to your storeroom you'll find a card there with your table assignment.  We don't wait for cabins to be ready to find out, but go to the MDR as soon as we board to check that our assignment matches our pre-cruise request. You can request your dining table preference before you cruise, but it's a request only. If you booked with a TA call them, if not call Captains Club. 800-760-0654.

10 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

We would prefer a table for two. I was planning to go to the MDR first thing after boarding. How would I know what they have assigned us if we haven't been to the room yet?

12 minutes ago, Fishkillbill said:

The Maitre 'D can look it up on their computer screen.

• Like 1

I e-mailed X once a while back to get a table for two. I got an answering e-mail  showing my table number and location. I believe the e-mail address was the same as for RCCL but with "Celebrity" in place of rccl in the address. I no longer have that address, but give it a try.