Cozumel with 7 ships in port

pinto18

We will be there in a couple of weeks. First time on this itinerary. There will be 7 ships there that day...plus apparently spring break so lots of kids/families...PLUS ours will be the last to arrive at 11. We just want to spend a few hours at a nice beach. We were thinking about Paradise Beach, but considering everything will it be just way too crowded? Should we even attempt it or will we get there and not get a chair/lounger?

Paradise Beach is large, you should not have an issue.

The Money Bar is closer, and will be less crowded.  No beach or pool, but good snorkelling from the shore, great facilities, lots of lounges and tables, and good food and drinks.  They offer a happy hour in the afternoons until sunset! :classic_wink:

2 hours ago, HOSKI said:

Thanks for that link.  In May we are one of only 3 ships, November one of 8 and they aren't showing us for our second cruise in May so the site isn't 100% accurate.

None of the sites are 100% accurate as they are often compiled far in advance and itineraries change.

best to google, for example, (Cozumel) cruise schedule 2019 and compare several sites. For Cozumel, I like Cruise Port Insider because it gives an idea of actual pier, but it isn't 100% either!

some sites give an idea of passenger load which can be helpful.

Edited by c-leg5

On 3/15/2019 at 8:37 AM, hawkman402 said:

We are one of 7 on April 5th.  We booked "last minute" so finding excursions was tough but that is the risk you take. Decided on Paradise Beach AI since Sancho's, Nachi, etc...were sold out.

We will be on Carnival Vista arriving then too. I also tried for Sanchos and Nachi but since they were sold out will probably do money bar. 

1 hour ago, pinto18 said:

Yep we will be there the same day. We were thinking Paradise Beach but hate to waste the cab fare if its going to be a zoo. Maybe stay on the ship...

No!!!  Just go where the cross are not. Money Bar or even farther Playa Palancar.

On 3/15/2019 at 9:37 AM, hawkman402 said:

We are one of 7 on April 5th.  We booked "last minute" so finding excursions was tough but that is the risk you take. Decided on Paradise Beach AI since Sancho's, Nachi, etc...were sold out.

Did you book the all-inclusive option or just al a carte? We are planning on that day also, but are the last ship in. Needless to say, I am a little nervous about not getting chairs. We love PB though! I was actually very disappointed they went with the all inclusive package. 

44 minutes ago, lyttleone1977 said:

Did you book the all-inclusive option or just al a carte? We are planning on that day also, but are the last ship in. Needless to say, I am a little nervous about not getting chairs. We love PB though! I was actually very disappointed they went with the all inclusive package. 

We went with all-inclusive hoping that maybe they will hold chairs for us.   No idea if that will work though.

When we were there on 3/1, there were 7 ships in port and the Regal was the last to arrive at 10a. 

We went to Playa Palancar.  Since it was pretty far south, we figured it'd be less crowded than those closer.  We rented our own car and we got there around 1p.  The parking lot was full but we parked on the road leading in.  We had no problem finding a chair and umbrella.  I think it was $10 per person.  The beers were about $3.00 and lunch was reasonable. 

It was nice, a pretty low key atmosphere.  No crazy games or DJ or anything.  The beach was good, long but not super wide.  The only negative was there were some stones in the water right as you were getting in. Once you were knee deep, it was all sandy.