GTY Veranda

danalea1980

We are sailing in less then a month and I changed our room from an OV to a GTY veranda. I didn't want to wait for the move up bid to come back so called and got a great deal on the veranda.I was wondering how soon or how late people found out what stateroom they were assigned and if they were pleased?

Thanks

Edited by danalea1980

As the sayings go:

"Past results do not guarantee future performance"

--or--

"Your results may vary"

They can assign the stateroom at any time.  Don't know how the Move-Up program effects GTY assignments either.

Keep checking your reservation on the X website.

BTW, myself and several others here seem to notice good assignments for 1st time X cruisers.  Are you one?  That may help.

Back in 2003 on our first X cruise we took a GTY and were quite pleased with the assignment.  It worked for X too...we have been quite loyal and are now almost elite plus.

I know how you feel.....can't wait to find out.  

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.  A balcony makes a big difference!!

We ALWAYS book GTY cabins, regardless of cruiseline.  Over 25+ cruises, 7 cruise lines, booking inside or OV guarantees.  

IF you book a GTY, you have to be happy with the worst cabin in the ship in your category.  We do; therefore,  we've never been disappointed in our assignments and enjoyed the fact that we saved money.

On all but one of our cruises, we were upgraded - a better location within our category, sometimes a higher category like an inside to obstructed balcony.  (With one exception - RCCL where we remained in that worst cabin in the ship.  We still enjoyed the cabin.)  In the last 5-7 years, upgrades were a result of my calling the TA after seeing a price drop or open cabin.  We've had to ask for that reassignment.

There's been zero discernable difference related to status or number of times we've been a passenger with the cruise line.  Cabin assignment timing has been all over the place; over a year in advance to at check in.  on all our cruises with X, we've had our assignment within 2 weeks of our deposit.  Friends who book GTY with X have the same experience.

I always book a guarantee verandah whenever available. Never been disappointed with location.  It can sometimes be a couple hundred less than choosing your own location. On my cruise next week my cabin was assigned within hours but now upgraded to a concierge 2 four decks higher for the same price. 

I booked a veranda guarantee a few weeks ago. Sailing is late summer. We were assigned our room within a week. We are happy with the location. I think it was a one category upgrade. 

Have done guaranteed twice. For an AQ room last Dec. room assigned after only one day. Did a S1 last May for 10 day Iceland & Ireland cruise and had to wait until six days before cruise before room assignment. 

Can never tell.   I have a guarantee SS,  I booked 30 days ago and still no cabin assingment.   The cruise is still about 33 days away so I am sure the cabins will become available now that they have opened the Bid for Upgrade.