MSC: Please don’t change YC Butler set-up!

TrinaLC

We heard from several butlers on our recent YC trip that MSC is considering making its YC butlers all ‘general assignment’, so that you don’t get one personally assigned to your cabin. 

That at would be a huge disappointment. Right now MSC YC is the best of both worlds - all cabins have a dedicated butler, but butlers also have general duties. This is so much better than NCL where butlers are totally dedicated to their assigned cabins. And yet having an assigned Butler is one of the things that makes the YC special - they take special care of you! And yet because they also perform general duties (eg service on the one deck) you always have butler support at a moments notice. 

I hope MSC keeps this “best of both worlds” model!

5 minutes ago, TrinaLC said:

We heard from several butlers on our recent YC trip that MSC is considering making its YC butlers all ‘general assignment’, so that you don’t get one personally assigned to your cabin. 

That at would be a huge disappointment. Right now MSC YC is the best of both worlds - all cabins have a dedicated butler, but butlers also have general duties. This is so much better than NCL where butlers are totally dedicated to their assigned cabins. And yet having an assigned Butler is one of the things that makes the YC special - they take special care of you! And yet because they also perform general duties (eg service on the one deck) you always have butler support at a moments notice. 

I hope MSC keeps this “best of both worlds” model!

Having cruised twice recently in YC, for us such a 'change' would not affect our experience in any way.

I don't see a problem - it would mean that everyone gets to experience the good with the not-so-good butlers.  Having had a couple of MIA butlers, it would be nice to know that I wouldn't be stuck with one for a week (or worse - longer - depending on itinerary).  Sounds fair to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Can't say "Been there, done that," but does anyone really need a "personal butler" on call 24/7?

We certainly didn't, much too busy enjoying the cruise and our YC experience!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Can't say "Been there, done that," but does anyone really need a "personal butler" on call 24/7?

There is a 24/7 butler service provided, regardless of whether it's needed or not - it just won't be each person's personal butler.  🙂

Well. Ok. 3AM and I would like a latte corretto. That is a caffé latte with (quite *request*) a splash of liquor).  Phone the concierge desk and a butler appears with the requested item in no time.

Edited by Zephyr173

3 hours ago, Captain-John said:

I would love to hear the stories of all the strange requests they may or may not get in the wee hours.... People are strange!

I'm now racking my brain to come up with something 'odd' to request "in the wee small hours" on our next one, Cap'n - any suggestions?   :classic_biggrin:

9 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

It was wonderful that when my mom and I upgraded our experience to strictly suites I got to give up the position of "mom's personal butler and concierge".   We BOTH got to experience R & R after that transition.  

Lost mom in Oct of 2017.  She sure did love her cruises!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'm now racking my brain to come up with something 'odd' to request "in the wee small hours" on our next one, Cap'n - any suggestions?   :classic_biggrin:

"Please can you stop the people SMOKING on the balcony next to me"

This request is 'ODD' since it is always ignored, next media news flash will be  - Fire on MSC cruise ship. 

As I'll be in an inside cabin I'll be blissfully unaware of whether anyone is smoking on their balconies, Mickey.  Anyway, if/when we are in balcony cabins, I would be oblivious to it then, too, as I'd be sending more zzzzzzzs into the air than worrying about whether someone is blowing smoke into it at the same time.

Edited by Beamafar