Distilled Water request

craftsrdkc

Traveling Regal Princess in 2 weeks...curious...has anyone had to get distilled water in their room.  Husband has CPAP machine and needs distilled water for it.  Has anyone ever traveled with this sleep machine and needed distilled water? Can I simply request from purser's desk, or should we just go to the Walgreen's by our hotel and pick up a small jug before boarding the ship?  Thanks for the help.

Many CPAP users cruise. It's listed in amongst the dietary etc requests in the Personaliser. It will either be waiting for you in your cabin, or remind your steward after boarding and it will be there shortly.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, craftsrdkc said:

Traveling Regal Princess in 2 weeks...curious...has anyone had to get distilled water in their room.  Husband has CPAP machine and needs distilled water for it.  Has anyone ever traveled with this sleep machine and needed distilled water? Can I simply request from purser's desk, or should we just go to the Walgreen's by our hotel and pick up a small jug before boarding the ship?  Thanks for the help.

Yes order in the personalizer.

You can always just ask Stewart.

Worse case scenario just use the ships tap water.

31 minutes ago, craftsrdkc said:

Don't know how well the Personalizer will work for this, but we've had no problem at all asking Stewart for a jug of RO/Distilled water when we meet him or her for the first time. The big bottle will be delivered to your cabin very quickly, no need to buy it off ship and drag it on board.

CPAP user here.   I generally put it on the form for medical issues.   AND my TA always enters it.  AND it is never in the room and  I always end up asking the Steward for it.  AND it's always in the room before bed time.  

For my upcoming cruise I didn't bother with the form and I'm just going to ask the Steward. 

Your mileage may vary.   

• Like 1

I also get the distilled water, not for a CPAP but to use with a neti pot. It’s come in handy a couple of times the ship has lost temporarily water and I have to use it to wash my RGP (hard) contacts too. When I request it on the Personalizer but don’t say it’s for a CPAP, it always gets questioned via an email from Princess, but once I explain what it’s for, there’s no issue. 

21 hours ago, IndiTravler said:

CPAP user here.   I generally put it on the form for medical issues.   AND my TA always enters it.  AND it is never in the room and  I always end up asking the Steward for it.  AND it's always in the room before bed time.  

For my upcoming cruise I didn't bother with the form and I'm just going to ask the Steward. 

Your mileage may vary.   

My mileage is the same as yours. 

• Haha 1