2021/2022 prices.

oxygenbanditnot

13 minutes ago, ann141 said:

My TA told me the same i.e they had to reduce the discount they had previously given me because they weren't receiving as much discount from P and O but when I told them another TA was offering 5% they gave me the usual 5% 🙂

You can't really blame them for trying to maximise their profits, but it just goes to show that buyers can't be complacent, they need to be on their toes to ensure they are always getting the best deal

15 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Why would you give a 5% discount to newcomers?  Why wouldn't you just quote the correct price and then give 5% for returning customers.  Bizarre.

I imagine it's a marketing ploy. People think "Wow, money off, fantastic!", without stopping to consider that the saving is illusory.

3 minutes ago, jh1809 said:

I imagine it's a marketing ploy. People think "Wow, money off, fantastic!", without stopping to consider that the saving is illusory.

It is clearly a marketing ploy but not illusory when the offer is withdrawn and full price is payable. However, with fluid pricing, it may not be noticeable.

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

My TA told me the same i.e they had to reduce the discount they had previously given me because they weren't receiving as much discount from P and O but when I told them another TA was offering 5% they gave me the usual 5% 🙂

I normally get 5% but was told that they get less commission on the pre-registration so the maximum they can give is 3%. I might try again!

21 minutes ago, jones721 said:

I normally get 5% but was told that they get less commission on the pre-registration so the maximum they can give is 3%. I might try again!

My TA generally offers a higher discount than normal during the very early launch phase, I assumed because P&O give them better terms then.  Unfortunately I never qualify for extra because they say I am on their highest discount level anyway. :classic_blink:

18 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think they are misleading you, my TA says that its RCI group that give less commission than Carnival,  P&O's owner, now if they said they can no longer offer the same discount level as in the past (more than 3 years) that would probably ring true.  If you persist you should get up to a further 5%, Spike11's 6% is a very good deal.

Up to 5% with a bit of negotiation is certainly gettable but maybe I should pretend to be Spike11 next time!

19 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think they are misleading you, my TA says that its RCI group that give less commission than Carnival,  P&O's owner, now if they said they can no longer offer the same discount level as in the past (more than 3 years) that would probably ring true.  If you persist you should get up to a further 5%, Spike11's 6% is a very good deal.

It was 5% when I booked a cruise last week. Initially offered 2.5% this week but raised that to 3%. So within a week (not 3 years)!

1 hour ago, petenlynn said:

Up to 5% with a bit of negotiation is certainly gettable but maybe I should pretend to be Spike11 next time!

The TA ( which I can’t name of course) actually mentions the figure of 6% on their website when you go to the section about the P&O 2020/21 collection. I can’t name them, but they are most obvious name if you put cruising together with the internet!

39 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

The TA ( which I can’t name of course) actually mentions the figure of 6% on their website when you go to the section about the P&O 2020/21 collection. I can’t name them, but they are most obvious name if you put cruising together with the internet!

Thanks.  I see the magic words 'up to' before the 6% though - I wonder what that actually means in practice?

20 minutes ago, docco said:

Thanks.  I see the magic words 'up to' before the 6% though - I wonder what that actually means in practice?

Well we got 6% for a 35 night cruise. I suspect that it is 6% for longer cruises and less for shorter cruises ( where the monetary value of the commission for the TA is low).