2021/2022 prices.

oxygenbanditnot

3 hours ago, oxygenbanditnot said:

Was invited to launch for the winter/springe "Launch" but could not get to it.

Can anyone give me sample prices obtainable at a launch?

Would typically be interested in more than 14n, med; inside cabin. 

And 35n Caribbean in January.

Thank's in advance.

They are all online on P&O website ready to pre register. Best to take a look. 

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I note they have the same situation as last year!  5% off for newcomers and 10% off for past passengers.  Wonder if there will be the same mess up as before.

Plus loyalty discount on certain cruises.

32 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I note they have the same situation as last year!  5% off for newcomers and 10% off for past passengers.  Wonder if there will be the same mess up as before.

It undoubtedly will because my TA brochure shows a base price after allowing for the 5% discount for all, which was what caused the confusion last September when the website could not decide which base price to use.

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

My brochure does not show any Peninsular club cruises.

I was pleasantly surprised as the cruise I am interested in didn't show additional discount for peninsular members online but the brochure did and the brochure was correct!

Hi....how can you tell which are Peninsular Club cruises for Winter 2020/2021....I haven't received a brochure from P&O.

Also the prices shown on P&O website are the prices already discounted or is there an additional 5%/10% off ?

8 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi....how can you tell which are Peninsular Club cruises for Winter 2020/2021....I haven't received a brochure from P&O.

Also the prices shown on P&O website are the prices already discounted or is there an additional 5%/10% off ?

We pre registered on Monday direct with P&O and the price quoted on the phone and on the paperwork is 10% less than the online price so it appears as though they have learned from last year and the full 10% is discounted when pre registering and presumably when booking opens next week.

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

We pre registered on Monday direct with P&O and the price quoted on the phone and on the paperwork is 10% less than the online price so it appears as though they have learned from last year and the full 10% is discounted when pre registering and presumably when booking opens next week.

To make it better, a third adult passenger sharing our suite was given a free place so in supermarket parlance, 3 for the price of 2. 

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Don't know if you have the same brochure, but mine has the following.

Baltic

P 55 Aurora R910

Arcadia J005

P 60 Britannia B009

P 61 Ventura N027 

P 62 Iona G026

Aurora R021

Med

P 77 Azura A924 exclusive 5% discount for peninsular club members.

P 78 Aurora R918

Arcadia J003

Arcadia J006

P 79  Aurora R016

Britannia B023

let me know if you want any others.

19 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It's mentioned following the itinerary description. E.g. under the heading Northern European City Escapes on page 6, the first cruise listed is G024 Iona 7 nights departing 24 Oct 2020.

Must admit it can be difficult to read in some lighting as it's printed in the pale beige

14 minutes ago, crimson moon said:

It's mentioned following the itinerary description. E.g. under the heading Northern European City Escapes on page 6, the first cruise listed is G024 Iona 7 nights departing 24 Oct 2020.

Must admit it can be difficult to read in some lighting as it's printed in the pale beige

My brochure is one from a TA which has no Peninsular cruise info, and despite being Baltic loyalty level I never receive any brochures direct from P&O, nor do I receive the magazine or the calendar.  It's really great to receive such fantastic customer service.:classic_wacko:

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

My brochure is one from a TA which has no Peninsular cruise info, and despite being Baltic loyalty level I never receive any brochures direct from P&O, nor do I receive the magazine or the calendar.  It's really great to receive such fantastic customer service.:classic_wacko:

You must have marked down not to receive offers etc.

Edited by emam

How does it work if you do pre-registration with a travel agent? Do they have the same system as P&O or do they just go online at 8am on general sale day and hope to get the same price for you?

So you may (or may not) get it at P&O's pre-registration advertised price??

Never booked pre-registration before but can only travel in school holidays (teacher) and, lately, booking in advance is proving to be cheaper.

Tracey

Edited by jones721

6 minutes ago, jones721 said:

How does it work if you do pre-registration with a travel agent? Do they have the same system as P&O or do they just go online at 8am on general sale day and hope to get the same price for you?

Never booked pre-registration before but can only travel in school holidays (teacher) and, lately, booking in advance is proving to be cheaper.

Tracey

I have pre registered with my TA for 4 maiden cruises and given them 4 or 5 cabins that I would be happy with, you cannot do this with P&O only cabin grade so you could be anywhere on the ship within that grade. That is one reason why I would never pre register direct with P&O and also with a TA it will be cheaper than P&O and my TA has always been successful at getting my first choice of cabin.

29 minutes ago, jones721 said:

Tracey

The TA will get you the pre-registration price minus the P&O discounts and minus the TA discount ( mine is advertising 6% off). I believe the prices are held until 10am on the release day and then fluid prices kick in. I should also say that the TAs have their own system for booking P&O cruises ( they don’t use the website we do)!

Thanks. That’s all interesting info. I thought everyone would advise to book direct so nice to know that’s not the case.

As an aside, the TA I use said they cannot offer the same discount as normal cos of P&O’s discount (I’m guessing they get less commission although don’t know why this should be).

thanks again for info.

Tracey

32 minutes ago, jones721 said:

Thanks. That’s all interesting info. I thought everyone would advise to book direct so nice to know that’s not the case.

As an aside, the TA I use said they cannot offer the same discount as normal cos of P&O’s discount (I’m guessing they get less commission although don’t know why this should be).

thanks again for info.

Tracey

I think they are misleading you, my TA says that its RCI group that give less commission than Carnival,  P&O's owner, now if they said they can no longer offer the same discount level as in the past (more than 3 years) that would probably ring true.  If you persist you should get up to a further 5%, Spike11's 6% is a very good deal.

5 hours ago, emam said:

You must have marked down not to receive offers etc.

I get at least one piece of post a fortnight from P&O (which I don’t want!) but I don’t opt out so I can receive brochures etc. As yet I haven’t received a brochure and last time the ‘Moments’ magazine came out I didn’t get one. Very frustrating!

10 hours ago, jones721 said:

thanks again for info.

Tracey

My TA told me the same i.e they had to reduce the discount they had previously given me because they weren't receiving as much discount from P and O but when I told them another TA was offering 5% they gave me the usual 5% 🙂