On Adventure now. Questions?

12 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I'm currently on Adventure of the Seas on the 6 night Western Caribbean itinerary with stops in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. We're pulling in to Grand Cayman as I write this. I'm willing to try to answer anyone's questions regarding the ship or the itinerary. There is one caveat though. I probably won't answer right away. I'm on vacation 😁. I'm not one of those people that lives on my electronic devices, especially when I'm away. So, ask questions, I'll try to answer some over the next few days if I get time. If I can't answer right away, I'll address everyone's questions when I return.

Who is the Activity Manager on your sailing?  The Activity Manager often co-hosts the Morning Show that the CD does....and hosts many of the activities on board as do others on the Entertainment Staff.

23 hours ago, tutzig said:

I know that this may be limited.

But if you do come across a service dog relief area, can you let me know what area it is in..

Thanks.

Deck 4 is the deck that runs all the way around the ship (except for the helipad area). I walked that yesterday and did not see a relief area. My assumption is that there are no dogs on this cruise.

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Deck 4 is the deck that runs all the way around the ship (except for the helipad area). I walked that yesterday and did not see a relief area. My assumption is that there are no dogs on this cruise.

Makes sense, I really appreciate it.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:14 PM, steevo L said:

any good bands or acoustic in boleros or duck and dog?

There is a guitar player/singer in the Duck & Dog most nights. He's good. There is also an acoustic guitar player that roams from venue to venue. He does not sing but his playing skills are very good. There is a Latin band playing in Bolero's every night. We have never sat and listened to them but when walking by, they sound pretty good.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:45 PM, Medic5emt said:

Are the mattress upgraded at comfortable? Will be bringing 2 children for a first cruise next year on AOS. If able a few pics of the upgraded kids areas, or slides.

Have a great cruise.

IMHO the mattresses are fine, I can sleep anywhere. The three other people cruising with me all say the mattresses are very hard. I will post pictures of the kids areas after I return home.

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, Paulette3028 said:

Who is the Activity Manager on your sailing?  The Activity Manager often co-hosts the Morning Show that the CD does....and hosts many of the activities on board as do others on the Entertainment Staff.

I've been unable to find his name in print so I will butcher the spelling but his first name is Keyan (pronounced "key in"). I do no know his last name. He's from Ireland. He is very entertaining.

11 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've been unable to find his name in print so I will butcher the spelling but his first name is Keyan (pronounced "key in"). I do no know his last name. He's from Ireland. He is very entertaining.

Thanks!!!!!  Quite often now the name badges are not having their last name.....thanks for your help.  If you get an opportunity to speak with Keyan, perhaps ask him if how long he will be onboard.  Keeping the list that I keep on Cruise Critic as current as possible takes help from cruisers....so I can't thank you enough!

Edited by Paulette3028

1 minute ago, sockmonkeygirl said:

I'd love to know what the drink of the day offerings are, and the price.  Also, how late is there loud activity on the promenade?  We have a 6th floor Promenade View room book for 2020. 

On the ships that have a Promenade on the nights they have a 'party' on the Promenade, it could go until sometime between 11pm and midnight.   Most ships don't have pool deck parties anymore, if the ship has a Promenade.   It makes it 'weather proof'.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Thanks!!!!!  Quite often now the name badges are not having their last name.....thanks for your help.  If you get an opportunity to speak with Keyan, perhaps ask him if how long he will be onboard.  Keeping the list that I keep on Cruise Critic as current as possible takes help from cruisers....so I can't thank you enough!

If I get an opportunity to talk to him in the next 2 days, I'll ask and get back to you.

4 hours ago, packercruising said:

We will be on the Snowbird Repositioning cruise in October, also. Looking at a Cruise Compass from last October, I cannot find anywhere that they list the bars and when they are open. The deck plans help. Do you have a list?

Enjoy your cruise!

The hours that the bars are open are listed in the Cruise Compass. I will be posting those after I get back home. Check back here next week.

1 hour ago, sockmonkeygirl said:

I'd love to know what the drink of the day offerings are, and the price.  Also, how late is there loud activity on the promenade?  We have a 6th floor Promenade View room book for 2020. 

I've had at least one drink of the day every day but I can't remember the names of any of them. I just checked my receipts and they say "Daily Cocktail" so that wasn't much help. Most of them have been $8, one of them was $12. The only night we have seen/heard extended loud activity on the Promenade was the of the 70s dance party. That lasted until after 11:00. If there were loud activities on the other nights, we missed it.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paulette3028 said:

On the ships that have a Promenade on the nights they have a 'party' on the Promenade, it could go until sometime between 11pm and midnight.   Most ships don't have pool deck parties anymore, if the ship has a Promenade.   It makes it 'weather proof'.

There was a party on the pool deck last night. The Promenade was relatively quiet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

There was a party on the pool deck last night. The Promenade was relatively quiet.

It is dependent upon the Cruise Director for sure and how they schedule things.  We have been on sailings with no pool deck parties....but late night dancing in one or more of the lounges. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, Paulette3028 said:

A little bit of an update. I found his first name in print in the Compass so at least you'll have that right for your list. His first name is spelled Cian and is pronounce Key-in like I had said earlier. I did not get an opportunity to speak with him to find out how long he will be on Adventure.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:32 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

The hours that the bars are open are listed in the Cruise Compass. I will be posting those after I get back home. Check back here next week.

It looks like I misspoke on this one. I am fairly certain that the hours have been listed on some of my past cruises. I double checked the Compass this time and could not find hours for the bars. I went to Guest Services to see if they had a schedule and unfortunately, they did not.

5 hours ago, packercruising said:

Thanks for checking. Maybe just list the public bars? Looking at the deck plans, it is hard to tell.

There are a lot of bars on the ship. I'll name a bunch, I'll probably forget some. The ones we frequented the most were; the Pool Bar, the Sky bar (on top of the Pool Bar), Champagne Bar, Duck & Dog Pub, the Schooner Bar. There is also Bolero's and the Blue Moon. There are bars in the theater, in Studio B and in the Imperial Lounge. There is also one in the Windjammer. I know there are others. I don't think you'll ever have a problem getting a drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Luke gs Daddy said:

What time did you disembark? How did it go?

Thanks.

We did self-assist debarkation. We arrived at the Lyric Theater (the staging point for those doing self-assist) at 6:30, they started letting people off at 7:02, we got to the cab station at 7:20, we were through security and at our gate at the airport at 7:43. I don't know how it could have gone any better.