On Adventure now. Questions?

I'm currently on Adventure of the Seas on the 6 night Western Caribbean itinerary with stops in Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel. We're pulling in to Grand Cayman as I write this. I'm willing to try to answer anyone's questions regarding the ship or the itinerary. There is one caveat though. I probably won't answer right away. I'm on vacation 😁. I'm not one of those people that lives on my electronic devices, especially when I'm away. So, ask questions, I'll try to answer some over the next few days if I get time. If I can't answer right away, I'll address everyone's questions when I return.

You would be my hero if you posted all of your Cruise Compasses. I travel on that ship, and the very same itinerary on April 6th!

Unrelated, can you also confirm which nites they do formal nite in the MDR? I've heard it could be day 2 or day 6... Or both?!?!  

• Like 1

Enjoy your cruise! We are on the Snowbird Migration from QC this fall. It will be our first time on the Adventure, although we have cruised the Voyager Class several times. We are looking forward to experiencing one of the new Panoramic Ocean View cabins! 

7 hours ago, DaisyGirl55 said:

We sail on this ship next month!  So excited 😀

How are the restaurants along the Promenade?  Also, since we will be on a 6-day cruise, is there only one dressy night?

Weather looks great.  Enjoy your cruise!

I do not eat Asian food so I can't answer about the food quality. I can say that there are always people in there when it is open. The Café Promenade has quite a variety of things to eat, sandwiches, pizzas, sweet treats etc. I have said for years that RCI's pizza tastes like cardboard with ketchup on it. The pizza they are serving in the Café Promenade actually tastes pretty good. There are 2 formal nights, night 2 and night 6.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tutzig said:

I know that this may be limited.

But if you do come across a service dog relief area, can you let me know what area it is in..

Thanks.

I have not seen a dog relief area yet. If I seen one, I will come back and let you know. I have not seen any dogs on the ship yet either so that could explain why I have not seen a relief area.

3 hours ago, kcooke315 said:

You would be my hero if you posted all of your Cruise Compasses. I travel on that ship, and the very same itinerary on April 6th!

Unrelated, can you also confirm which nites they do formal nite in the MDR? I've heard it could be day 2 or day 6... Or both?!?!  

I will post the Compasses after I get back home. Check back next week some time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tutzig said:

I know that this may be limited.

But if you do come across a service dog relief area, can you let me know what area it is in..

Thanks.

I have seen service dog relief areas on deck 5 (under the life boats) on several ships.

1 minute ago, Bee Guy said:

I have seen service dog relief areas on deck 5 (under the life boats) on several ships.

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have not seen a dog relief area yet. If I seen one, I will come back and let you know. I have not seen any dogs on the ship yet either so that could explain why I have not seen a relief area.

Thank you both!

1 hour ago, wbc12345 said:

I'm super curious which specialty restaurants are open for lunch and their price. My cruise compass makes it look like Chops is the only one open for lunch.

I have not tried to go to any of them but according to the app, Chops, Izumi and Johnny Rockets are all open for lunch. Giovanni's Table is not. Chops is $22 for lunch.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tutzig said:

Thank you both!

Your welcome.  Also, if I recall correctly, the relief area was tagged as specific to an individual dog so I assume that the owner made arrangements with Royal as to it's placement.

42 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I have not tried to go to any of them but according to the app, Chops, Izumi and Johnny Rockets are all open for lunch. Giovanni's Table is not. Chops is $22 for lunch.

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Well shoot. I wonder why they didn’t do it - it’s the same ship class. Oh yeah, the consistently inconsistent thing 🙄

Thanks Bob!

I think Mariner is the only Voyager class ship with food (other than the soft-serve ice cream) on the pool deck.  Even Freedom class had no food venue, until they started replacing the Squeeze Juice Bar.

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I think Mariner is the only Voyager class ship with food (other than the soft-serve ice cream) on the pool deck.  Even Freedom class had no food venue, until they started replacing the Squeeze Juice Bar.

I’m pretty sure Navigator now has El Loco Fresh on the pool deck for free and a Johnny Rockets express for a charge. Maybe we’re going to see more ships with this - I sure hope so. It’s so inconvenient to go to the windjammer when you are hanging at the pool in swimwear. 

1 minute ago, The Sunset Glow said:

I’m pretty sure Navigator now has El Loco Fresh on the pool deck for free and a Johnny Rockets express for a charge. Maybe we’re going to see more ships with this - I sure hope so. It’s so inconvenient to go to the windjammer when you are hanging at the pool in swimwear. 

Yep, I forget about Navigator's brand new additions, thanks.