Which Ports DIY? Corfu, Dubrovnik or Argostoli?

NayaSantaFe

We will be in these ports in June on the NCL Star and are  wanting to DIY at least one or all if possible! 

At Argostoli I am thinking of grabbing a taxi to Myrtos Beach which I have researched is about 45 min away, is this a good idea? Also anyone have an idea of how much a taxi to Myrtos would cost?

Besides that I have not figured out what we want to do at the other 2 ports, but would like to know if they are easy to DIY or is it beter to arrange private tour.

Corfu is about half hour walk into town or there are taxis waiting at the dock gates. Its pleasant to walk round the town and you can sometimes sit and watch a game of cricket while enjoying a ginger beer!!   There are plenty of shops and a market.

Argostoli we hired a car and drove to Myrtos as well as other lovely places. We had a full day and then returned to Argostoli where we had a walk and a meal.

Dubrovnik you can get a taxi at the port to the town and walk around the walls. You will need good shoes as the cobbles are shiny and a little slippery in places. You would also need sunscreen and a hat as it can get very hot. There is also a cable car up the mountain for beautiful views. There are also taxis at the port who will take you for an hour tour and they include the mountain where the cable car goes so you can get the views that way.

On 3/12/2019 at 2:11 PM, dronnygirl said:

Corfu is about half hour walk into town or there are taxis waiting at the dock gates. Its pleasant to walk round the town and you can sometimes sit and watch a game of cricket while enjoying a ginger beer!!   There are plenty of shops and a market.

Argostoli we hired a car and drove to Myrtos as well as other lovely places. We had a full day and then returned to Argostoli where we had a walk and a meal.

Dubrovnik you can get a taxi at the port to the town and walk around the walls. You will need good shoes as the cobbles are shiny and a little slippery in places. You would also need sunscreen and a hat as it can get very hot. There is also a cable car up the mountain for beautiful views. There are also taxis at the port who will take you for an hour tour and they include the mountain where the cable car goes so you can get the views that way.

I just booked a tour with Kefalonia Taxi Service in Argostoli for Myrtos Beach and Melissani Lake.

So I am down to Corfu and Dubvronik...

Corfu is looking like a relaxing day of shopping and walking around town...any places to get nice views or any beaches near port?

In Dubrovnik I would love to do the cable car! I will goggle it and try to get more info!

I am guessing that finding a taxi at port is pretty simple at both ports? We are a group of 12 so that complicates things sometimes...

Edited by NayaSantaFe

1 hour ago, fabnfortysomething said:

Corfu is a beautiful island

we booked with Corfu taxi tours and were driven up and over to opposite coast

absolutely fantastic scenery

I will look into them...we will be in port from 10am to 4pm, so I think that would give us more than enough time to see the island!

Do you remember about how much you paid for the tour?

We chartered the Nautilus, a private boat in Corfu that would easily take 12!  We toured the island by sea stopping to swim in many spots with an excellent bbq lunch cooked on board including wine. Probably the best tour we have ever done!  

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

We chartered the Nautilus, a private boat in Corfu that would easily take 12!  We toured the island by sea stopping to swim in many spots with an excellent bbq lunch cooked on board including wine. Probably the best tour we have ever done!  

This is an option the men would love since they absoultley love fishing and don't have any fishing planned for the rest of the trip. I just found their info on google, so I will send them an email and get a quote.

Do you remember how many passengers were on board when you took the tour?

10 hours ago, NayaSantaFe said:

I will look into them...we will be in port from 10am to 4pm, so I think that would give us more than enough time to see the island!

Do you remember about how much you paid for the tour?

it was 130 euros total for 4 hours in car taking 4 passengers

it was in 2014 so prices may have gone up a bit 

16 hours ago, bennybear said:

We had twelve,  it would have taken more but it was  a perfect number.

I sent them an email to get pricing and they haven't replied yet. But, my husband loved the idea of being able to fish. Plus, their reviews on TripAdvisor are great!