New to Oceania

Jim and Monika

Thanks for all the suggestions.

StanandJim - as for you response about what we would be facing. We have found many ports where our balcony has been facing a shipping container yard. We have never been to Bermuda, so we're not sure where we will port. The inside was also the only room available and we are wait listed for a better cabin.

16 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Paul, does that mean no one serves “fresh brewed from tea leaves” tea?  (I only have sailed on  Oceania and Azamara.). I certainly love the scones with clotted cream but would love infusers rather than bags.

Pam - I misspoke again on this topic (I have done it before and apparently I have not learned my lesson).

When I say “the best tea” I don’t specifically mean the tea itself as I often don’t even drink it. What I mean is “Afternoon tea” which to ME means a variety of wonderful finger sandwiches and spectacular sweets which rotate on a weekly (?) basis rather than being the same every day.

Sorry about that confusion 🙂

Edited by Paulchili

well not really 5 days 
one day you move from St Georges  to Hamilton  
you will have  3  days to enjoy Bermuda
I like  the location of the C 1  on deck 4
Enjoy  the cruise

They move between 6 am and 8 am. Not a long move. I consider it to be 3 and a half days. I am on the same sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

but  so much nicer  to dock in Hamilton or St Georges [emoji6]
You can take the ferry from Hamilton to King's Wharf  ..some interesting shops there
enjoy

You can but most of those shops are also in Hamilton and St. George’s. Kings Wharf is basically a tourist trap.

Thanks for the advice. I've been reading a book on Bermuda and will most likely buy the 4-day ferry/boat pass. Plan to do plenty of walking and swimming to offset all the food. [emoji6] I'll keep an eye out for Wahoo's.

Don’t buy that! If you want to buy the pass buy a 2 day. You won’t have four days to use it and not really three with the schedule. But even the 2 day I would not buy. With our itinerary there is not much reason to take the buses or ferries enough to justify the passes. Tokens are a better value. Plus some places are better to get to by taxi. Have a plan before you decide on passes.

As to tea ... I'm not a tea drinker myself but I regularly make it for hubby.  I always make it as instructed:  heat the pot, then add hot water to the tea leaves and steep.  I was looking a while ago online about making tea and discovered that some tea leaves like lower temperatures than absolutely boiling.  Who knew?  I sure didn't.

By the way, when we were in Sochi in 2012 with Regatta on the Black Sea cruise, I bought some black tea.  This is some of the best tea I've ever had.  Highly recommended for anyone who might be in Russian territory in the future.  A hearty tea but not bitter.  Unfortunately I ran out long ago ...

If you want brewed tea (or infused tea), how about making a request?  They might accommodate you if possible.  Admittedly, if only one person wants it out of all the other passengers, they might say no.  But it never hurts to ask.  If they can accommodate special diets, why couldn't they accommodate someone's tea preference?

Better not answer that ...

Mura

Just now, Charles4515 said:

They move between 6 am and 8 am. Not a long move. I consider it to be 3 and a half days. I am on the same sailing.

As I said   it is not 5 days  as the OP stated

Just now, CintiPam said:

Paul, does that mean no one serves “fresh brewed from tea leaves” tea?  (I only have sailed on  Oceania and Azamara.). I certainly love the scones with clotted cream but would love infusers rather than bags.

On Scenic  river cruise  they had loose  tea ..some people did not use the infuser basket .....what a mess  in the pots  for the crew to clean out

13 minutes ago, Mura said:

If you want brewed tea (or infused tea), how about making a request?  They might accommodate you if possible.  Admittedly, if only one person wants it out of all the other passengers, they might say no.  But it never hurts to ask.  If they can accommodate special diets, why couldn't they accommodate someone's tea preference?

Better not answer that ...

Mura

Special dietary requests require 60 days notice so I have missed the boat for my special tea request because we board on May 4! 😁

Just now, LHT28 said:

On Scenic  river cruise  they had loose  tea ..some people did not use the infuser basket .....what a mess  in the pots  for the crew to clean out

Yikes, those people certainly lacked tea knowledge!

As I said   it is not 5 days  as the OP stated

I would guess they think it is 5 days because they may be misreading the itinerary. As the ship is in both St. George’s and Hamilton on one of the days St. George’s and Hamilton are listed an extra time. But it is really a 3 day in Bermuda itinerary.

• Like 1

Just now, CintiPam said:

Special dietary requests require 60 days notice so I have missed the boat for my special tea request because we board on May 4! 😁

bring your own but do bring an infuser 😉

6 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Even so, it couldn't hurt to ask the staff at Horizons if it's possible.  Or even higher-ups.

If I were to order tea at tea time (!) I'd definitely want infused or freshly brewed tea.  I'd know better than to expect freshly brewed for one person!  But it shouldn't be so hard to use an infuser ... especially if you bring one along!  How about that?

Mura

Seems like Lyn and I had the same idea at the same time!

That's not the first time...

OTOH, at dinner time they just bring around tea bags.  Do they have loose tea on board?  That could mean bringing along some of your own tea leaves as well ... but they wouldn't take up much room!

Mura

Edited by Mura

1 minute ago, Mura said:

Even so, it couldn't hurt to ask the staff at Horizons if it's possible.  Or even higher-ups.

If I were to order tea at tea time (!) I'd definitely want infused or freshly brewed tea.  I'd know better than to expect freshly brewed for one person!  But it shouldn't be so hard to use an infuser ... especially if you bring one along!  How about that?

Mura

You and Lyn are experiencing a psychic connection! 😋

2 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

You and Lyn are experiencing a psychic connection! 😋

Mura, now you and I are having a psychic connection.

Now I cannot get those yummy raisin scones with jam and clotted cream out of my mind! 

Edited by CintiPam

14 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

Mura, now you and I are having a psychic connection.

Now I cannot get those yummy raisin scones with jam and clotted cream out of my mind! 

LOL.  Somehow I missed those raisin scones with jam and clotted cream ... We just don't go to tea often enough!

Mura

12 minutes ago, Mura said:

LOL.  Somehow I missed those raisin scones with jam and clotted cream ... We just don't go to tea often enough!

Mura

Because tea is served 4 pm to 5 pm in Horizons on a deck far from the Lounge where afternoon trivia (in another active thread on this board I confessed my onboard addiction to that activity) usually is held promptly at 4:30, it is a rare occasion as well for me, which is just as well for my waistline.