I'm thankful for EZAir as one of the flights is now sold out.

melodyina

We paid off our Alaskan August cruise this week which also included EZAir reservations.  So on a *whim* I decided to go on Delta and see what the cost of our flights would be today.  Delta shows our return flight non-stop out of SEA to MSP as SOLD OUT.  So I quickly went on my Delta App and viewed our reservation and it was there, confirmed and both husband and mine seats are next to each other just as selected on EZAir months ago.

I"m thankful for EZAir as we were able to book and grab "our perfect flights" months ago,  arriving and departing flights non-stop too!  If I shopped today and didn't use EZAir our airfare costs would have been in the $600 range, and not the $400 range we bought in at. 

I really am impressed with EZAir, as the booking process was straight forward with ease of selection of flights and seats, and adding to the Princess booking put all costs in one place.  

We also have Princess Insurance and it just ads another comfort level with any airline delays.   

On a smiling note (i'm drinking my morning coffee), I will say I don't expect any airline cruise-day panics as we are flying in a couple days early,  but I feel ready to conquer whatever the airlines may toss my way with Princess on my side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree. I love EZ air. Book my flights way in advance and don't have to pay for them right away. ALWAYS lower than the airline's price. I just recently re-fared because it was about $30 per person lower. Can't do that when you buy through the airline!

I really like EZAir too. I just changed my flights from SFO to Ft Lauderdale for next December. I love that you don’t have to pay $250 plus if your plans change and you want a little more or less time on the front or back end of the cruise. Of course you still pay the new air fare but the change fees are terrible. 

4 minutes ago, Cruisin4US said:

How far in advance did you book your flights using EZ Air?

As soon as they become available. 

My Sky cruise in Oct became available in January.

It is easy to refare before final for restricted/flexible and 45 days prior to sailing if you have flexible air.

I love EZAir, too.  I've always found the prices to be better or competitive.  We have to fly on major airlines since we are not close to a hub, and maybe it would be different if we used Southwest or JetBlue or one of those.  And we do not have miles to use and have to pay for flights.  Regardless, I love how easy it is to review and research options on their website before even booking the cruise.

As a side note, we just got back from a cruise that left from L.A. and were sitting in the terminal awaiting our flight home talking with another couple that had been on the cruise.  We were on a 1:30 flight and they were on the 5:30 to ATL.  He declared that this was the first time they used "that EZAir thing" and will never do it again! He was upset that their flights were so late and decided it was Princess' fault because they booked him on the later flight.  After talking a bit more, it came to light his TA had booked the trip for them and had booked the flights, etc.  It just made me wonder how many people he will tell about their bad experience with EZAir when it was actually his TA (or really himself) he has to blame about the late flight time.  But I digress. . . .

Bottom line for us, we love it and love the flexible rate options.  

1 minute ago, peanutter said:

I love EZAir, too.  I've always found the prices to be better or competitive.  We have to fly on major airlines since we are not close to a hub, and maybe it would be different if we used Southwest or JetBlue or one of those.  And we do not have miles to use and have to pay for flights.  Regardless, I love how easy it is to review and research options on their website before even booking the cruise.

As a side note, we just got back from a cruise that left from L.A. and were sitting in the terminal awaiting our flight home talking with another couple that had been on the cruise.  We were on a 1:30 flight and they were on the 5:30 to ATL.  He declared that this was the first time they used "that EZAir thing" and will never do it again! He was upset that their flights were so late and decided it was Princess' fault because they booked him on the later flight.  After talking a bit more, it came to light his TA had booked the trip for them and had booked the flights, etc.  It just made me wonder how many people he will tell about their bad experience with EZAir when it was actually his TA (or really himself) he has to blame about the late flight time.  But I digress. . . .

Bottom line for us, we love it and love the flexible rate options.  

Glad you were able to get some clarity. How many has he already told that too?  🙄

I have booked my first EZair flight and was impressed with the saving. Booked premium economy from HND to YYZ non-stop for Jan 2020. That flight is no longer available on EZair and the ECONOMY airfare on AC website is more than what I paid for premium economy via EZ air.

39 minutes ago, Cruising with Us said:

I agree EZAir was great for us. I just wish you could check it for planning purposes without having a trip booked...Or can you?

When you do a cruise search, click on Cruise Details, and then on Flight Quotes.

Sigh... Just checked all of my booked flights. One of them was listed at about half of what we had paid so I immediately jumped on it but... The flight disappeared with a "unable to get pricing information for this flight" message. GAH! I think the flight sold out as I was trying to book it. It was a really good deal so I'm not surprised but I wish I had looked a few minutes earlier. If I had started my search with that flight instead of having it be the third flight I checked things would have worked out much better. Ah, well. One can't win them all.

Edited by Thrak

7 minutes ago, Safety Squirrel said:

Question - when you book with Princess EZAir - do you book with a different department in Princess.  This is the first cruise that I used a PCP as my TA retired.  So would I call the PCP or a different department.  Thank you.

You have to book EZ Air online through your booking.

Yes there is an EZ Air department but you can't talk to them on the phone.

The Princess rep will handle the questions with the EZ Air dept.

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Sigh... Just checked all of my booked flights. One of them was listed at about half of what we had paid so I immediately jumped on it but... The flight disappeared with a "unable to get pricing information for this flight" message. GAH! I think the flight sold out as I was trying to book it. It was a really good deal so I'm not surprised but I wish I had looked a few minutes earlier!

Did you modify your current flights to try and get the new price or did you just check through cruise search?

How did you find the cheaper price?

I always say don't rely on the flight pricing through a dummy booking.

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Did you modify your current flights to try and get the new price or did you just check through cruise search?

How did you find the cheaper price?

I always say don't rely on the flight pricing through a dummy booking.

I checked through my personalizer. I used the option to change flights and my current flight showed up at a much better price. I immediately clicked to book it and got the message about no pricing. I tried the same procedure right away and the flight was gone. If I had checked that flight first rather than third I likely  would have gotten the new price. It's a flight from FLL to SMF at around $256 per person. The new listing was something like $128 per person. Like I said, as soon as I saw that price I jumped on it but I was still too late. Timing is everything.

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I checked through my personalizer. I used the option to change flights and my current flight showed up at a much better price. I immediately clicked to book it and got the message about no pricing. I tried the same procedure right away and the flight was gone. If I had checked that flight first rather than third I likely  would have gotten the new price. It's a flight from FLL to SMF at around $256 per person. The new listing was something like $128 per person. Like I said, as soon as I saw that price I jumped on it but I was still too late. Timing is everything.

Keep checking. Maybe it will return.

18 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You have to book EZ Air online through your booking.

Yes there is an EZ Air department but you can't talk to them on the phone.

The Princess rep will handle the questions with the EZ Air dept.

Thank you.  I will check it out.

1 minute ago, Safety Squirrel said:

Thank you.  I will check it out.

If you have not booked yet go in and look at some available cruises when you are searching for cruise pricing.

Click cruise details then click "flight quotes". This way you can get a feel for the EZ Air system and how searching and booking flights work.

Make sure you are signed into Princess.com.

Colo Cruiser

I am already booked.  Originally I was booked on Emerald Princess -April 11 - May 3 - Vancouver, full transit to Fort Lauderdale.  When they 'redeployed' the Emerald from a 22 day cruise to 18 days and now 16 days!!! I re-booked on the Island Princess September 16th - October 7th (21 days) with some very good OBC.  I was only looking for my return fare from Fort Lauderdale as I had my air booked for trip to Vancouver and recently re-fared it directly with the airline.

I am just returning to Princess after ten years with Celebrity as they had the itinerary that I wanted.  Fortunately I booked a Mini-suite so I will have a couch.  I know Island Princess is an older ship and have read the reviews both pro and con.  Will have to see for myself.  Will miss the benefits of being Elite on Celebrity but going with an open mind.  Also miss being able to purchase the Premium Non Alcholic beverage package like Celebrity and having to purchase packages/water separately with Princess.

Reading your comments on the Boards, I know that you have also cruised on both lines.  I will have to judge my cruise on Princess to see how it compares to Celebrity. Being on a cruise is still better than having to cook, clean, etc. at home.  

• Like 1