Favorite deli order

crusinpsychRN

On 3/17/2019 at 11:38 AM, crusinpsychRN said:

What is your favorite deli order from room service?  I get a reuben on toast, lucky if the bread is toasted at all. Ask for chips and salt and pepper or anything else you want or it won't be there.

BLT for sure. Have at least 1 every cruise.

On 3/20/2019 at 8:15 AM, Bevv said:

Earlier this year it was announced that they would be charging for RS besides cont breakfast.  There was strong pushback and the proposal was shelved for now. 

I'm not sure what you mean.

the verbiage I posted was straight from Carnival's website that says they do indeed charge after 10 pm.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/24-hour-room-service

2 minutes ago, ricew001 said:

I'm not sure what you mean.

the verbiage I posted was straight from Carnival's website that says they do indeed charge after 10 pm.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/24-hour-room-service

Sorry.. I was not clear there. The proposal was to charge all day for room service not just  after 10. It was announced that it was going to happen, and Carnival changed it's mind when there was a lot of push back from passengers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:01 AM, RWolver672 said:

Favorite Deli order is the tuna sub.  Favorite Room Service order...can't say.  Been on eleven Carnival cruises and never once ordered from Room Service.

Not even coffee??????????????

7 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Not even coffee.  I wake up way before DW does.  I go to Lido deck and grab a coffee then head to the smoking section and meet up with brother.  After an hour or so, I grab a coffee for her and take it back to the cabin.

9 hours ago, mexicobob said:

I don’t even order Room Service for coffee, either. I rather go out early for a good walk, and stop by the coffee bar for a decent cup of coffee. When we cruised with our youngest daughters, before they got married, they would order coffee and danish every morning, and then sit out on balcony and have that before getting dressed. But the last time they sailed with us was in 2002. I’m not someone to lounge about. I’d rather be up and about, so I just go get it, and get some exercise in to boot.

10 hours ago, IPlayWithString said:

The buffalo chicken is one of my favorites from the new deli menu. Holy crap is it good.

I agree. I really like the new buns too.

Had some pork thing on a pretzel bun - wow!

What I don't like is the new bread - I think it's rustic Panini bread? It dries out too fast and gets too hard. My mother had the grilled cheese and didn't like it. Basically ended up just eating the centre because the rest was too crispy.

10 hours ago, IPlayWithString said:

The buffalo chicken is one of my favorites from the new deli menu. Holy crap is it good.

I'll have to take your word for it as I have a poultry allergy. But you are more than welcome to eat my share of them :classic_biggrin:

55 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I don’t even order Room Service for coffee, either. I rather go out early for a good walk, and stop by the coffee bar for a decent cup of coffee.

55 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

I’m not someone to lounge about. I’d rather be up and about, so I just go get it, and get some exercise in to boot.

Same here, we get up, throw on some shorts and a t-shirt and out to get coffee, once the caffeine kicks in, we go back, get showered and dressed and it's second cup and breakfast time! :classic_smile:

34 minutes ago, meatloafsfan said:

I agree. I really like the new buns too.

Had some pork thing on a pretzel bun - wow!

DH liked the turkey on a country roll off the old menu, kinda disappointed it's gone, but he's looking forward to trying it on the pretzel bun. Glad to hear it's good!

34 minutes ago, meatloafsfan said:

What I don't like is the new bread - I think it's rustic Panini bread? It dries out too fast and gets too hard. My mother had the grilled cheese and didn't like it. Basically ended up just eating the centre because the rest was too crispy.

That's disappointing, I kinda had a feeling that would be the case, I saw pictures of some of the new sandwiches and I thought that bread looked way to crunchy, but I was holding out hope that it was a "looks may be deceiving" thing. Guess not :classic_sad:

Room service coffee may not be the BEST but as long as it's brown, wet and has caffeine I give zero craps. When we have a balcony (which isn't often) I will order a pot of coffee along with some muffins and pastries and a thing of milk for my son (who is an early riser) so I can watch the sunrise and chill on the balcony with my coffee in peace before DH gets up. It's REALLY relaxing...and I don't relax often or easily.

14 hours ago, IPlayWithString said:

I had two of them the last cruise. The first was incredible. Coupled with truffle fries, oh man. 

Remember when the new deli menu was "cutback central?" I don't even miss the old menu.

The only thing don't like about the new menu is forced condiments. I hate mustard and it does not belong on a turkey sandwich. I order a turkey with mayo, some happily make it, some make a face and then make it. Also, a tomato puree, or whatever, does not belong on a pastrami sandwich. If anything the pre made fiasco has slowed things down

5 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Remember when the new deli menu was "cutback central?"

Well, that and a several page discussion on how a sandwich should be made, like @coevan just pointed out.

I personally want to try several of the items, and call me crazy, but I actually think the pastrami and "tomato puree" sounds good :classic_laugh:

On 4/2/2019 at 12:22 PM, coevan said:

The only thing don't like about the new menu is forced condiments. I hate mustard and it does not belong on a turkey sandwich. I order a turkey with mayo, some happily make it, some make a face and then make it. Also, a tomato puree, or whatever, does not belong on a pastrami sandwich. If anything the pre made fiasco has slowed things down

They put mustard on the sandwich without you asking for it?!

I really think the pre made concept backfired. It's not any faster and too many people don't want to be forced to eat condiments. I use to ask for a 1/2 corned beef and 1/2 pastrami, fresh sliced and hot on rye, so good. 

19 minutes ago, mkcurran said:

All this talk about the deli and not much love for the hot dogs. I loved them, especially with sour kraut. Yum!

Lol! I have to chuckle at that because not only do we love hot dogs with sauerkraut, but that’s exactly what we just ate for dinner! When I sailed the Breeze in early March, I could have sworn I saw them make the deli sandwich fresh,not pre-made.

• 2 weeks later...