Best Steak, Cagney's or Le Bistro?

Gigi57

45 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I've never eaten beef steak of any sort in Le Bistro. While I have been very satisfied with the steaks in Cagney's, the best dining experience of all on NCL was lamb chops in Cagney's.

My lamb at Cagneys on the Bliss left much to be desired.  Guess it just goes to show that the chef/cook can make or break a meal.😋 

I have over the years found it "strange" that the steaks that I have been served in Le Bistro always have been much more tender than the steaks in the steakhouse on board (Cagney's) - so on our last cruise I actually asked about it and was told that it is a very simple explanation for that: In Cagney's the steaks are cooked on a grill where the meat juice kind of "drips down below" and in Le Bistro the steaks are cooked on a hot plate keeping the meat juice inside the steak. 

On 3/19/2019 at 6:50 PM, sid_9169 said:

I was on the Breakaway about a month ago, and had the filet at Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Moderno... They were all good, but I personally rated the one at La Cucina first, Le Bistro second, Cagney's third, and Moderno last... Just my experience, YMMV...

Was on the same cruise in February and I totally agree with Sid_9169.