Current cost of soft drinks

vaders501

For anyone that has cruised since Carnival increased the Bottomless Bubbles program to $8.50 pp per day, can you tell me how much one individual soda costs now? I have seen responses online like "around $2"..looking for a definitive number.

Thanks!

2.38ish.... Lol that's my best guess.

It's pretty easy to carry that 12 pack per person on. Take one of those smaller rolling luggages, put the sodas in there, and roll them right up. I take mine out of the boxes and line them up in the luggage. Usually 3=4 different flavors, 12 can limit per person of course. My luggage I use for this holds 24-30 cans. 

The main reason we bought the soda package previously was for convenience.

It is just easier to get a soda at one of the many bars (especially while right before a show) instead of heading back to the room most of the times.

5 hours ago, Acheavacci said:

Does the Bubbles package include soda in cans?  

Technically no.....
But if you get a rapport going with one of the bartenders, and you bring your own container, then they are likely to just open the can and hand it to you instead of making you wait while they pour it.
This lets them get to other customers faster.
I usually carry my own sports bottle with a lid and straw and have them fill that.

With the service charge, 1 can of soda is now just under $3. 

$2.95 to be exact. I usually carry on some soda, but this cruise, I didn't. Everytime I bought a $3 soda, I was kicking myself for not having brought some on. 

9 hours ago, gtonda said:

With the service charge, 1 can of soda is now just under $3. 

$2.95 to be exact. I usually carry on some soda, but this cruise, I didn't. Everytime I bought a $3 soda, I was kicking myself for not having brought some on. 

It's been a while since I actually bought soda onboard (normally do Bottomless Bubbles or carry ours on) but we're traveling with family this next cruise- if you pay the $2.95 do they give you the whole can and a glass of ice? can you request that the can not be opened? I know with BB they just fill a glass with ice and use whatever open can of that flavor of soda they have... so you're not really getting the full can. I would expect if you're paying full price, you would! Does anyone know for sure?

2 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

It's been a while since I actually bought soda onboard (normally do Bottomless Bubbles or carry ours on) but we're traveling with family this next cruise- if you pay the $2.95 do they give you the whole can and a glass of ice? can you request that the can not be opened? I know with BB they just fill a glass with ice and use whatever open can of that flavor of soda they have... so you're not really getting the full can. I would expect if you're paying full price, you would! Does anyone know for sure?

Yes, when you buy it by the can, they give you the entire can. Generally unopened. I say generally, because a bartender may open it to pour the first part for you thinking you're drinking it right now, so if you strictly do not want it opened, just let them know.

We just got off the Breeze yesterday and with the Botttomless Bubbles and our Yeti style cups we got a new can since it held the entire can. If my husband and I both got a soda at the same time we most often we got three cans split between both of our cups to fill them.   In the dining room we always got a glass with ice and the unopened can.  The waiter filled our glass and left the can on the table for us to finish. 

Our cruise on the Horizon last November was a very similar situation.  It seems that they are doing better at not having so many opened flat cans of soda as in the past.   

43 minutes ago, jjcruiselover said:

We just got off the Breeze yesterday and with the Botttomless Bubbles and our Yeti style cups we got a new can since it held the entire can. If my husband and I both got a soda at the same time we most often we got three cans split between both of our cups to fill them.   In the dining room we always got a glass with ice and the unopened can.  The waiter filled our glass and left the can on the table for us to finish. 

Our cruise on the Horizon last November was a very similar situation.  It seems that they are doing better at not having so many opened flat cans of soda as in the past.   

Good to hear!

14 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Wait...you can bring more on at ports? I thought it was just at embarking the ship...

You can bring 12 more cans on at each port. for the first time on the Glory last month it was actually posted outside guest services. They usually hide things that might cost them a nickel. I usually bring some back on once do not need more than 24 ,

Edited by jmcathome