MyTime Dining Reservations - ideas to get this fixed???

Hi all. We've got two cabins (connecting) booked for this Monday's Mariner of the Seas sailing; two guests in each cabin. The two reservations were linked by the travel agent. I booked MyTime Dining for every night of our cruise. I logged in last night and see that I only booked the MyTime Dining for the guests in one of our two cabins, except for one night. I just called Royal Caribbean to try and fix this - we're even celebrating a birthday on board on the first night - and got told everything is booked and we can't add the other two guests to our existing two guest MyTime Dining reservations because it's "fully booked." This is really upsetting me. It's my partner and I travelling with my 9 year old and 11 year old. One adult and one child booked in each cabin. It's my children's first cruise and I just can't imagine not eating together.

As soon as you board the ship find out where the MTD host is located.  Am I reading this correctly,  On one you night you had booked all four of you for the same time/same table.  Every other night you have only two of you booked.

You should be fine, if you show up upon boarding.  It has been my experience that while the Daily Planner may show no availbility during a certain time period, however once you are onboard you can get reservations.

We  had been told no tables when our tour personnel  took us off My Time dining in error and couldn't get us back in.  We were 6 people, no reservations, and rightly angry.  We went onboard and spoke to the MTD mgr.  He said to come back to the MTD when ready to be seated.  We did, had to wait about 10-15 minutes and was seated.  No problems thereafter.  That was our table the rest of the cruise.  Have a wonderful cruise.  

14 hours ago, gatour said:

As soon as you board the ship find out where the MTD host is located.  Am I reading this correctly,  On one you night you had booked all four of you for the same time/same table.  Every other night you have only two of you booked.

You should be fine, if you show up upon boarding.  It has been my experience that while the Daily Planner may show no availbility during a certain time period, however once you are onboard you can get reservations.

Thank you everyone! That is exactly what happened - booked one night for all four of us, but just two of us every other night.

Will seek out the host as soon as we board. As I said, I really can't imagine not eating together.

While you can easily fix this when you show up for dinner first night at the dining room host desk, the dining room is likely open when you board and not as busy.  We only had one couple in front of us checking reservations.  Standing reservations are easier for the dining room - after the first night they often just wave you through.

19 hours ago, JustAGirl79 said:

Hi all. We've got two cabins (connecting) booked for this Monday's Mariner of the Seas sailing; two guests in each cabin. The two reservations were linked by the travel agent. I booked MyTime Dining for every night of our cruise. I logged in last night and see that I only booked the MyTime Dining for the guests in one of our two cabins, except for one night. I just called Royal Caribbean to try and fix this - we're even celebrating a birthday on board on the first night - and got told everything is booked and we can't add the other two guests to our existing two guest MyTime Dining reservations because it's "fully booked." This is really upsetting me. It's my partner and I travelling with my 9 year old and 11 year old. One adult and one child booked in each cabin. It's my children's first cruise and I just can't imagine not eating together.

Just from memory when we sailed as a family on Oasis & Allure, our reserves were linked and when I made any reserves via the cruise planner, all of the linked guests would show up and I selected the guests.  One time one of our tours was available for only 6, but not 9.  Called C&A and was able to get rectified.

22 hours ago, JustAGirl79 said:

The RC phone agents are sometimes not very good.

The fact you have 2 children with you should ensure the maitreD will be very helpful.

On a night time there are 2 queues.

1 for booked times and 1 for unbooked reservation's.

Go to the MTD desk outside the restaurant before dinner time and confirm with them your booking and enjoy your cruise as the crew are extremely helpful.