Havana Interior

SoftballMom8

We think it's worth it.  While you miss having a lanai, you have a great, relatively quiet separate deck with loungers and clam shells and couches.  2 hot tubs, a small pool.  an outside bar. No need to go up to Lido.  No need to fight for a lounger on the Serenity deck. You are on deck 5, near the ocean plaza (breakfast buffet), coffee bar, and specialty restaurants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stayed in an interior Havana room (5214) on the Horizon last July and have the same room booked again on the Horizon for this July.  The Havana interior rooms are small, but the Havana area is worth it.  We loved it back there.  It was quiet, peaceful and not too crowded.  I think it is worth it and I actually wonder if I will like sailing as much without that type of area. I even had a pizza delivered to me back there while I was resting in a clam shell.  The pizza arrived in 11 minutes after I ordered it.  I would have waited in line longer than that.  Plus, being on deck 5 is wonderful. There are a lot of great things and spaces on deck 5. I say go for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just had interior 5208 on the Horizon and it was very comfortable for us. We slept better than we would have liked to as it was dark and the bed was so cozy. We had a cabana on the Vista and thought we'd try the interior. I would definitely do it again if there is a big cost savings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have stayed in an Havana Interior on the 7th deck, it was wonderful, the semi private use of the Havana pool during each day is totally worth the extra cost!  We used to book balconies but since the havana we have done interiors except Alaska and find them great we sleep better.  If you have a chance take it!  the vista isnt my favorite ship but that is my favorite area of the Vista wish it was on every ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 7:16 AM, LJN22 said:

I stayed in an interior Havana room (5214) on the Horizon last July and have the same room booked again on the Horizon for this July.  The Havana interior rooms are small, but the Havana area is worth it.  We loved it back there.  It was quiet, peaceful and not too crowded.  I think it is worth it and I actually wonder if I will like sailing as much without that type of area. I even had a pizza delivered to me back there while I was resting in a clam shell.  The pizza arrived in 11 minutes after I ordered it.  I would have waited in line longer than that.  Plus, being on deck 5 is wonderful. There are a lot of great things and spaces on deck 5. I say go for it.

Being in that room, was it a problem with music or bass noise from the Havana bar when you are trying to sleep?

On 3/22/2019 at 11:11 AM, bjd2 said:

We just had interior 5208 on the Horizon and it was very comfortable for us. We slept better than we would have liked to as it was dark and the bed was so cozy. We had a cabana on the Vista and thought we'd try the interior. I would definitely do it again if there is a big cost savings.

Being in that room, was it a problem with music or bass noise from the Havana bar when you are trying to sleep?

42 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

We heard no noise at all in that room. It was great!

40 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

I sleep with a noise machine all of the time, but I do not think noise would have been a problem regardless. 5208 is well up the hallway away from the band.  The band is actually facing away from the room. The only noise we ever heard was the sound of water running. It may have been a drain line from a washing machine or something like that.  Noise in the evening was never a problem for us.

33 minutes ago, rcprncss said:

We did not go to bed until after they were done with the live music in the Havana Bar area.

But we did stay in sideways inside 5205 and will be back in the same cabin on the Horizon this August.  The area during the day was nice and quiet and you had plenty of room in the two giant hot tubs and pool.  Far away from the human soup at the other pools as well as the unruly rug rats in the hot tubs.  Well worth the extra cost.

As someone who doesn't really go for upgraded rooms, I'm interested in Havana for an upcoming cruise. I'm fairly certain I would enjoy the Havana area to replace the days at Serenity. My only concern is missing some of the action at Lido and/or venturing away form Havana to see it.

I was looking at the Panorama Havana cabin 5220.

It is an extra $950 for the cruise I want to take compared to a regular balcony &  I am trying to decide  if it is worth it.

From what I can calculate there are about 63 Havana cabins using the area. Would that make it crowded?

Can you do any swimming in the pool or is it a plunge pool? 

I also read somewhere about reserved seating by the pool.

It sounds lovely, but bad balcony neighbours, traffic after 7pm on the walkway, or a noisy nightclub at night, could ruin the experience.

Any info is appreciated.

Edited by eltigre

11 hours ago, eltigre said:

I was looking at the Panorama Havana cabin 5220.

It is an extra $950 for the cruise I want to take compared to a regular balcony &  I am trying to decide  if it is worth it.

From what I can calculate there are about 63 Havana cabins using the area. Would that make it crowded?

Can you do any swimming in the pool or is it a plunge pool? 

I also read somewhere about reserved seating by the pool.

It sounds lovely, but bad balcony neighbours, traffic after 7pm on the walkway, or a noisy nightclub at night, could ruin the experience.

Any info is appreciated.

First of all, from what I have read, traffic after 700 is not  a problem and neither is noise from the Havana Bar.  There is no reserved seating by the pool.  The pool could be swum in if you're by yourself.  The only time seating could not be found on my Horizon sailing was sea day one about 11:00 am.

If you are going to be relaxing in the Havana area more than on your Lanai, then save money and go for an inside.  The two sideways insides (5205 & 5208) are great because the back of the bed is against the long wall so you have greater mobility on both sides of the bed and you don't have to shimmy sideways getting in and out.