Second guessing booking Ketchikan excursion directly...

thegoaliegirl

You will be fine unless your ship tenders. Not sure if ships tender anymore. It used to be one would tender for a few hours until a berth was available.

It is easy to walk to where the lumberjack show is. Just be on one of the first off as some of the docks are farther than some of the others.

Edited by Coral

Just check if tendering or not - we have already been advised we are tendering at Ketchikan (Coral Princess in June) - were advised that late last year. If tendering you need to allow more time to get off the ship.

1 hour ago, thegoaliegirl said:

Thanks for the heads up about the schedule. Just looked and we are in Berth 4- the furthest one away.

That's where we (Ruby Princess) were docked last summer.  It was maybe a 15 minute walk (with a 3 1/2 year old who didn't want to ride in the stroller :classic_biggrin:) to the Lumberjack show so I don't think you'll have any problem making the 11 am performance.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

That's where we (Ruby Princess) were docked last summer.  It was maybe a 15 minute walk (with a 3 1/2 year old who didn't want to ride in the stroller :classic_biggrin:) to the Lumberjack show so I don't think you'll have any problem making the 11 am performance.

That is really helpful! My youngest is 5, so I still remember going 3 1/2 year old speed when they are determined to walk and not ride in the stroller.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

How do you find this information? 🙂 Thanks

Check out this: https://www.ktn-ak.us/media/Port&Harbor/Port/Berthing Assignments/2019/Final Calendar.pdf.  The dock number is the last number (1, 2, 3, 4) after the ship's name.  If the last number is preceded by AN, the ship will be tendering.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, VacTimeAllways said:

Is there a place to find that schedule for all Alaska ports ? Just wondering how many ships will be in ports when we are. On the Golden starting May 25th. Also cool to know where the ship will be docking 😁 🛳 

Just google <Port Name> 2019 ship schedule.  I think each Alaska port publishes one.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:00 PM, capriccio said:

Check out this: https://www.ktn-ak.us/media/Port&Harbor/Port/Berthing Assignments/2019/Final Calendar.pdf.  The dock number is the last number (1, 2, 3, 4) after the ship's name.  If the last number is preceded by AN, the ship will be tendering.

Thanks! I had found that before, but had zero clue what the numbers were!

5 hours ago, Katwoman007 said:

Thanks! I had found that before, but had zero clue what the numbers were!

Glad I could help.  If you need a map of berthing area, check out Toms Port Guide for Ketchikan, one of his many port guides for ports all around the world.  He does them as a labor of love and doesn't charge for them.  https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/ketchikan-02-26-2014.pdf.