Lisbon

flyers

We are in Lisbon on the 8th. of April and continuing on to Barcelona. There is no scheduled ship Tours due to the turnover day and was wondering if anyone can recommend a private Tour Company that we can contact. Also if anyone has Tour suggestions it would be helpful. I understand that there are a number of other passengers also continuing on to Barcelona so maybe we can put a private Tour together?

David

In an earlier post on Explorer Roll Call, I included some great information for a private tour company in Lisbon. Scroll back on our roll call - Explorer - Miami - Lisbon for the information. We used them twice. See you on Monday!

Sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

When we did a back-to-back with changeover day in Lisbon, Regent offered a “free” excursion on the local HO-HO bus to those continuing on.

This was only offered once on board and in our case was cancelled the day before we reached Lisbon because of a lack of take-up by guests.

In Lisbon the ship normally docks not far from the town centre, opposite the railway station.

We will be landing in Lisbon on April 7 for the April 8 sailing. We are planning to do the Hop on hop off bus tour. We’ve enjoyed others that we’ve done and it does seem to be a good way to overview a city in one day.

As I remember there's some kind of HoHo arrangement on one of the historical trams as well, one that goes up to the Alfama.  You can take it up to the Castelo San Jorge, and then back down. This at least is what I remember from a few years back.  Be prepared with strong legs, Lisbon is very hilly.

BTW, you can also take a (modern) tram out to Belem.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

We did a private car, not that costly.  They help you set up the tour -they ask a lot of question about your likes and dislikes.  Plus you get to tour at your pace not someone else's.  It was a great way to see Lisbon.  Also when you done, your done you can just say take us back to the hotel.  Also be sure to take one of the street cars around, great way to see the city.

Thanks to the input and recommendations that we received we have made contact with Carla C. and her rates for a Mercedes Van are very reasonable. Maybe others staying on board might like to join up with us?...I will broach the  subject when we hopefully meet on board.

Thanks,

David

19 hours ago, flyers said:

Thanks to the input and recommendations that we received we have made contact with Carla C. and her rates for a Mercedes Van are very reasonable. Maybe others staying on board might like to join up with us?...I will broach the  subject when we hopefully meet on board.

Thanks,

David

David, these discussions might do betterin your roll-call.  That's where you're going to find others to join you.