Radiance of the Sea Oceanview 2N

maryam

I have a question regarding the oceanview cabins category 2N on deck 2, 3 and 4.  I see deck 2

has very few cabins.

In your opinion which deck would be the best and why?  Thinking of booking oceanview on this

ship and interested in everyone's input.

Thank you

Also deck two OV cabins only have small porthole type windows whereas above that deck OV have very large round windows.

The shot below show the small portholes on lowest deck 2 compared to the large round windows on the decks above.

DSC04857.JPG

Edited by robtulipe

2 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Also deck two OV cabins only have small porthole type windows whereas above that deck OV have very large round windows.

The shot below show the small portholes on deck 2 compared to the large round windows on the decks above.

DSC04857.JPG

Are you sure those tiny windows are passenger cabins?  Very often the lowest deck with the very tiny windows is a staff deck. 

M

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Are you sure those tiny windows are passenger cabins?  Very often the lowest deck with the very tiny windows is a staff deck. 

M

Yes the small portholes at the front and rear of deck two on the port side are crew cabins but the ones in the middle, basically between the front and centrum elevator/staircase areas, are passenger OV cabins.

Edited by robtulipe

Was on deck 4 to Alaska years ago but as the outside promenade deck is above, I was concerned that people running around would be bothersome if you are below.   On my cruise last February, no-one was walking the decks - so you could take a chance with that deck.

Also, on my cruise to NZ in February, I was in cabin 3626 and after 2 nights I complained about the noise to the cabin where you put your head down to sleep.   I think they gave the whatever a service and it was not as bad.   I though the customer service lady was really good about it.   So because I hated 3626 at the back of the ship, I made sure my 2020 Sydney to Hawai cabin was well away and it is down the front but not too close to the theatre.

I also spoke to someone who had a porthole cabin in deck 2 and she heard the same noise as I did.   When you walk down the back of Radiance on deck 4, there appears to be some noisy machinery there.

Good luck picking your cabin.