Drink Package - Individual must order their own drink?

Hey Everyone...My GF and I will be heading out on the FOS in December. I am contemplating purchasing each of us the drink package. I haven't purchased one in the past, but that was because I have mostly sailed Carnival, where you can order bottles of liquor for your room...We love our HH's on the balcony, so have a couple questions regarding the drink package...

Can I order each of us a drink, or do we have to order drinks individually? If she's in the shower, and I want to go grab us a couple cocktails to enjoy on the balcony, will that be allowed?

What about ordering a double? Am I allowed to order a double Titos on the rocks, and bring it back and mix it in my room with the mixers I brought on? Or, does that count as two drinks and I can't order a double?

Cheers all!

Tom

2 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Doubles are not a problem 

2 minutes ago, nashirak said:

I had no problems doing this for my wife and I on Mariner last week. 

Excellent...Thank you both.

The only time you would not be able to order someone with a drink package a drink is if you yourself do not have a package.  As long as the person ordering has one as well, the bartender will allow them to order for whoever they have the sea passes for.

if you do not have a package and try to order her a drink using her card, they will not allow you to.  You will be fine as you will both have one.  DH and I order each other drinks all the time.

2 minutes ago, Hawk308 said:

We had an issue with doubles last week. 

So, we just walked to the next bar and got the same drink and put it in the glass. Annoying, but it worked. 

Hmmm.. Even if the double was lower than the max per drink amount?  Even so, if it was more, I would expect them to just charge you the add'l amount, + 18% grat of course...

43 minutes ago, todurkin said:

Hey Everyone...My GF and I will be heading out on the FOS in December. I am contemplating purchasing each of us the drink package. I haven't purchased one in the past, but that was because I have mostly sailed Carnival, where you can order bottles of liquor for your room...We love our HH's on the balcony, so have a couple questions regarding the drink package...

Can I order each of us a drink, or do we have to order drinks individually? If she's in the shower, and I want to go grab us a couple cocktails to enjoy on the balcony, will that be allowed?

What about ordering a double? Am I allowed to order a double Titos on the rocks, and bring it back and mix it in my room with the mixers I brought on? Or, does that count as two drinks and I can't order a double?

Cheers all!

Tom

I just ordered a couple of bottles (375ml) of vodka for our cabin, with mixers. $86 and no delivery charge.

20 hours ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

The only time you would not be able to order someone with a drink package a drink is if you yourself do not have a package.  As long as the person ordering has one as well, the bartender will allow them to order for whoever they have the sea passes for.

if you do not have a package and try to order her a drink using her card, they will not allow you to.  You will be fine as you will both have one.  DH and I order each other drinks all the time.

Not always true.

Back when you did not have to get a package for both, my SO went to the bar with my card and got a drink.