Soft Drinks in the Stateroom

kaiiak

It has been 11 years since we sailed.  My husband likes to have a few cokes to drink when relaxing in the room or on the balcony.  Do the bar areas onboard give cans of soda that we can bring back to the stateroom or is it from a fountain? Is there a mini fridge in the room? Should he bring a few onboard for convenience sake?  We have the Signature Beverage Package and  I know room service is not included in the beverage package. I don't mind paying for a soda when ordering food to the room, but wouldn't want to bother with room service staff just for one or two drinks.  Best way to handle this? Thanks!

You can bring onboard any amount of soda or water for your consumption. With the SBP non alcoholic drinks are included, but I am not sure if that includes cans of soda or where they are available, I know that bottled water both carbonated and still are included in the SBP. 

No worries. With SBP, you can get unopened cans of soda and bottled water to bring back to room.  We usually asked for two at a time and could keep a supply in our room.  You should have a fridge or cooler if you have a veranda or above cabin. If not you can arrange to rent one at $2 a day through ship services.  Depending on the configuration of your room, it may be a tight squeeze. Alternatively, ask the steward for a wine bucket which s/he will keep filled with ice for your entire cruise.  

I usually ask that they have the fridge emptied of all mini bar items so not to confuse my stash with the ones stocked by the ship.

i never brought beer back from bars, but it is my understanding that you can get unopened bottles at the bars as well.  I assume if they think you are trying to get around the no sharing rules, they may not accommodate this. 

Bottoms up!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Msrigby said:

No worries. With SBP, you can get unopened cans of soda and bottled water to bring back to room.  We usually asked for two at a time and could keep a supply in our room.  You should have a fridge or cooler if you have a veranda or above cabin. If not you can arrange to rent one at $2 a day through ship services.  Depending on the configuration of your room, it may be a tight squeeze. Alternatively, ask the steward for a wine bucket which s/he will keep filled with ice for your entire cruise.  

I usually ask that they have the fridge emptied of all mini bar items so not to confuse my stash with the ones stocked by the ship.

i never brought beer back from bars, but it is my understanding that you can get unopened bottles at the bars as well.  I assume if they think you are trying to get around the no sharing rules, they may not accommodate this. 

Bottoms up!

OK great we have a veranda so that will work out perfectly.  He won't need more than a few in the room. 

14 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

What ship will you be on?  The newer ships -- all cabins have a mini cooler.

We are on the Nieuw Statendam so should have a mini cooler. Thank you

• Like 1

I had the drink package and had a standing arrangement with the wine steward to bring me two diet sodas at dinner every night so I could have a diet cola with my breakfast. I'd also go to the Exploration Cafe and get two flavored Vitamin waters daily.  They were a refreshing change, and come in lots of flavors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sambamama said:

I had the drink package and had a standing arrangement with the wine steward to bring me two diet sodas at dinner every night so I could have a diet cola with my breakfast. I'd also go to the Exploration Cafe and get two flavored Vitamin waters daily.  They were a refreshing change, and come in lots of flavors.

Glad they have vitamin water. I like to take those with me in my bag for shore excursions, walking, etc.