Dress in Haven Restaurant

Suzcruise97

How formal do people normally dress for lunch/dinner in the haven restaurant on Alaskan sailings? Are bathing suit coverups appropriate at lunch? Jeans at dinner? We are assuming people generally step it down a bit in Alaska? 

Thanks for any help!

9 minutes ago, Suzcruise97 said:

How formal do people normally dress for lunch/dinner in the haven restaurant on Alaskan sailings? Are bathing suit coverups appropriate at lunch? Jeans at dinner? We are assuming people generally step it down a bit in Alaska? 

Thanks for any help!

this is true...passengers are more "relaxed" in their attire....ive seen shorts and polo shirts for lunch... dinner was still a little bit dressed. Yes i have worn dark colored jeans and a button down with Loafers for dinner...i donr remember seeing sneakers in the haven restaurant.

There is no dress code, but I wouldn't go in wet from the pool. Depending on the ship, they may have an outdoor Haven eating area. My husband wears sneakers all the time for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Haven restaurant. He usually has shorts on as well (as opposed to long pants). I don't see the point of making him dress up for dinner while we are on vacation. 

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Bathing suit coverups are only appropriate wear for the buffet and outdoor restaurants, not for the Haven restaurant.

2 hours ago, ColeThornton said:

Bathing suit coverups are only appropriate wear for the buffet and outdoor restaurants, not for the Haven restaurant.

Nor are bath robes acceptable.

Great info, thanks everyone. From what I understand the Haven pool is covered, so swimmable even on the Alaska sailings. I was hoping to be able to put my son in a (dry) bathing suit and a shirt, and my daughter in a coverup/dress and not feel uncomfortable.

I don’t think we will be wearing shorts at night, as the forecast looks chilly, but my husband prefers jeans and a button down/golf shirt.  Based on your comments it looks like we should be ok. 

As an FYI we've worn bathing suits and cover-ups to breakfast in the Haven restaurants for breakfast before leaving on an excursion -- and we weren't the only ones. You should be fine with what you described above for breakfast and/or lunch. 

On 3/28/2019 at 10:39 AM, kfnesq said:

For what it's worth, Alaskan sailings are generally not super warm, so unless you're sitting in the hot tubs, you probably won't see that much pool time anyway.  🙂

Hi my friend,

if you are on the boards, you must be planning a trip!  Look at the May 16, 2020 Jade!

9 minutes ago, OurAnniversary25 said:

Hi my friend,

if you are on the boards, you must be planning a trip!  Look at the May 16, 2020 Jade!

Hi there!!!! We board the Jade Sunday for the Panama Canal! I will look May 2020 also though! How are you!?

On 3/28/2019 at 1:50 PM, Suzcruise97 said:

Great info, thanks everyone. From what I understand the Haven pool is covered, so swimmable even on the Alaska sailings. I was hoping to be able to put my son in a (dry) bathing suit and a shirt, and my daughter in a coverup/dress and not feel uncomfortable.

Even the main pool is o.k. The pools, waterslides, water feature in Spice H20 are all heated. Not bath water or hot tub water, but warmed to a normal summer temp. And people (mostly kids) are using them in Alaska. Adults have their deck blankets on, sitting in the sun, reading their books. 

Not really

3 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

I also think kids vs adults is a different question. Would just want to make sure everyone is dry because the seats are often fabric.

Not really. Lots of shorts in the Haven Restaurants for all meals, all days.