LIVE From the Royal Princess: 4/6/2019

HBCcruiser

Yes, that is the menu from yesterday and tonight is formal night.
Also, for whomever asked earlier, if it has not already been answered, the bartenders at Crooners are Gina and Lou. Both from the Phillipines.

Thanks Joe!! Will we see you in the Sanctuary this afternoon? Paahhtay!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi there........I am loving your live thread...when you have a moment or when wifi/cc start playing nice can you post the patters for today's sea day?  I cant wait for our cruise now...sadly I have to wait til November...oh and how is the weather today?

Thanks for posting the wine list.  Are the bottles 750?  If so, the  prices seem very reasonable.  
Your advice is not to purchase before you board, right? 

I don’t think it matters when you purchase. Yes, regular bottle size.

hi there........I am loving your live thread...when you have a moment or when wifi/cc start playing nice can you post the patters for today's sea day?  I cant wait for our cruise now...sadly I have to wait til November...oh and how is the weather today?

Sunny and windy. Glad we got a cabana in the Sanctuary this afternoon. Not as windy in here. 8f6bf2b6e60d8b2e021a01d191b3f470.jpg1ad9b918458083d0752b81b377bde0f1.jpgdbda34e692c431fe9d3f735f9b417564.jpgc660a8aa4c9d50915f64a435244ec334.jpg124f6902abeef5e0af537228d8d3bf51.jpg

43 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Yes but this ship is pretty stable. They do not even have the stabilizers out yet. It will get worse tomorrow.

Yikes 😣. I'm on a Lido Deck forward Balcony. I'm not normally prone to sea sickness but we shall see.

Would you by any chance be able to post the price listing for the Cabana Rentals?
I am not certain the pricing on the Princess website is most up to date or accurate.

Thank you so much.

Wow that cabana is NICE!  Thanks for the patters.  Sorry next question...thought the patters would answer it but no...I know Sabatinis breakfast is for Suites and we will be in one next year...what are the times for breakfast ?to ?

I’ll have to check when in room but it depends on port or sea day. Sea day I think was 7:30-10:30 but not 100% sure

The Cabana looks very nice.  How is the view though?  Really thinking about it for  GlacierBay.  The view from your loungers yesterday looked great.  Maybe the staff will have areas where people can go stand and view.  

Also so I read about a basket?purchased separately.    Food and wine,  any information on that? 

Great pics.  

1 minute ago, HBCcruiser said:

I’ll have to check when in room but it depends on port or sea day. Sea day I think was 7:30-10:30 but not 100% sure

Great thank you so much for checking when you get back to the room.  Looks like you are having a fabulous time...keep it up!

• Like 1

Basket and see posted list for included and for purchase items.

Ok so Alaska. This would not be my favorite ship for Alaska inside passage. I say that because after walking the entire ship, I did not see that many OPEN outdoor places for viewing Glacier Bay. You want to be in the outside open area with no obstructions. TheSanctuary would be the better place for viewing but the glass will inhibit some viewing. The best place I found was Deck 17 up from the pool deck. That will be your best bet. The only issue is that you will have to walk around - side to side - to see everything. This is all MY Opinion only.

6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Basket and see posted list for included and for purchase items.

Ok so Alaska. This would not be my favorite ship for Alaska inside passage. I say that because after walking the entire ship, I did not see that many OPEN outdoor places for viewing Glacier Bay. You want to be in the outside open area with no obstructions. TheSanctuary would be the better place for viewing but the glass will inhibit some viewing. The best place I found was Deck 17 up from the pool deck. That will be your best bet. The only issue is that you will have to walk around - side to side - to see everything. This is all MY Opinion only.

I agree with you 100% on this! When we were on, one of the first things I said was that this ship was an odd choice for Alaska. Not only the lack of promenade deck/open viewing areas, but also no indoor (or even heated for us) pools!

• Like 1

We did Glacier Bay on HAL. They opened up the aft deck to the public on glacier days. We had to go through the back of the theater. The views were awesome though cold. Wonder if such a deck exist for this ship??

I am packing my motion sickness patch for those sea days to and from LA. 2 more sleeps for us!

Edited by chinita415