What do you request from your butler for in the Haven? And other stupid questions.

slugg

1 minute ago, Greenpea2 said:

I don't think there are suites other than the Haven on the mega ships, are there? Who knows, what with the recent tweaking of room categories I have heard of, I certainly could be wrong on that!

The older refurbished ships have either suites only and no Haven, or suites and 2 or 3 Haven cabins. These ships were built before the Haven design came to be and were refitted as best as could be. Sometimes, they only have a small courtyard, with no private bar or restaurant.

5 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I don't think there are suites other than the Haven on the mega ships, are there? Who knows, what with the recent tweaking of room categories I have heard of, I certainly could be wrong on that!

The Joy has 80 butler-less suites. Plus 80 Haven rooms. 

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

The Joy has 80 butler-less suites. Plus 80 Haven rooms. 

Thanks--I thought there was one like that, but couldn't remember which ship or if it was something not yet done, but planned. It's been a few years since I cruised so it's interesting getting back in the loop.

16 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Thanks--I thought there was one like that, but couldn't remember which ship or if it was something not yet done, but planned. It's been a few years since I cruised so it's interesting getting back in the loop.

I'm going on the Gem later this year which is an older refurbished ship.  It has a small Haven area with 14 rooms surrounding a small courtyard. The Gem Haven lacks a bar and a restaurant.  The Gem also has 35 Penthouse Suites. The only difference between the Haven suites and the Penthouse suites is access to the Haven courtyard.  The Penthouse suites have all the other amenities ie, priority boarding, reserved theater seating, butler service, breakfast in Moderno, etc.  A few ships smaller than the Gem class only have Penthouse suites and no Haven area at all.

Edited by kitty-sail

5 hours ago, Mustangdrew said:

4 people 10 days no way I’m giving 400 bucks away. It’s based on how much you even use them.  Note two people in cabin are kids.  

I calculate what I would pay if I stayed in a hotel for the night.  You are tipping for the room whether it's 2 or 4 people.  If you keep your cabin clean and the steward doesn't have to pickup a lot of trash or clothes, then calculate accordingly.  $40. per day however does seem excessive.  I wouldn't leave a $40. tip if I stayed in a hotel for the night.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:05 AM, benzygirl said:

I have invited 40-50 people to watch sailaway from my balcony.  What are the odds the butler would provide me with some platters of snacks by 4PM.  Has anyone been successful with this request before?  I have written the concierge, but just wondering if anyone has personal experience with this. Thank you.

Might this be the Splendor in September?

We might like to join your crowd on the balcony and could contribute a few bottles of alcohol.

gary

god bless your wife. my wife wont go on a cruise unless we get a haven. that being said, the butler can help you unpack, but i dont use him for that. we request that in themorning he bring a pot of fresh coffee, and hot water for tea, as well as assorted pastries. in the afternoon, i usually have him bring a plate of crackers, assorted meats and cheeses, as well as fresh fruits. throughout the day, if we're not ashore, i have him bring fresh cookies.

my grandson when he was younger would call the butler and havehim bring over a pizza. finally, sometimes back from a shore excursion, if imreally wiped out, i have him bring an ice cold beer. they are there to assist you. also, at the start of the cruise, i slip him $50, and at the end another $50+ depending on how his attitude and service was throughout the cruise. Also an additional $50 to the concierge. by the way, i rarely need services of the concierge, its not like hecanget me front row seats for a broadway show, but he has a certain amount of clout getting dinner reservations for the specialty restaurants, but most importantly, he can get you off the ship in a matter of minutes. this is great when 2-3000 people are trying to disembark at once. the only drawback to the haven,is once you book a haven suite it's almost impossible to settle for anything else

• 3 weeks later...