Assist, Pretty Please?

jeniceglassman

1st time on HA, purchased Signature Beverage Package. Can you really not use when ship is in port? Will we be able to use it on final morning? Eurodam 4/6 Mexico. 

We are also meeting fiends in PV, does the ship time change? TIA Friends, (giggle)

Edited by jeniceglassman
spelling

10 minutes ago, jeniceglassman said:

1st time on HA, purchased Signature Beverage Package. Can you really not use when ship is in port?

You mean onboard the ship?  Of course you can use it when the ship is in port.  

If you get off the ship to explore the port, of course you have to buy your own drinks 😉 

Will we be able to use it on final morning? Eurodam 4/6 Mexico. 

I believe it closes off at midnight of disembarkation so no, you can’t use it on disembarkation morning.  At least that was our experience.  I am sure if someone else has had a different one, they will post.

We are also meeting fiends in PV, does the ship time change? TIA Friends, (giggle)

Ship’s time changes (normally) to match the ports you are in.

If you are on the ship and the ship is in port, you can use the package. I'm not sure when it ends on the final day. I've read that some people ordered drinks at breakfast on embarkation day, but we've never tried to. 

The SBP remains available at least until the last bar closes on the final night. We were out until after 1 am and still using our EBP.

I know the Explorations Cafe was open on embarkation morning. However, we didn't order anything so I don't know if would have been covered. 

39 minutes ago, jeniceglassman said:

1st time on HA, purchased Signature Beverage Package. Can you really not use when ship is in port? Will we be able to use it on final morning? Eurodam 4/6 Mexico. 

The SBP excludes purchases made in Signature shops, your stateroom mini-bar, in-room dining, on Half Moon Cay, and any self-service draft beer. In port usage is fine excluding what I just listed above. As stated, the package terminates at midnight the morning of disembarkation day

In Puerto Vallarta, the ship's clocks are set one hour forward at 0200 hrs the morning of arrival, so while in PV, ship's time is also the local time. That used to be different in the past

1 hour ago, jeniceglassman said:

We are also meeting fiends in PV, does the ship time change?

I guess from what Copper just said (That used to be different in the past), my experience is outdated. Phone your friends when you're an hour from docking to be sure you agree!

Edited by catl331

27 minutes ago, ThePenguin1 said:

The SBP still allows you to get drinks from the Explorations Cafe on the final morning, we got coffees, water and cans of soft drink before departing the ship.

I suspect that, like many things HAL, it varies from ship to ship.