On Sea now, any questions?

Clay Clayton

7 hours ago, sarch99 said:

I'm curious - are you doing Trade Routes or a segment of a WC?  We board on the 11th, which is Thursday.  You're the second person I've seen that said they were boarding on Wednesday.  What am I missing?  🙂

Methinks she is wrong. Sky will be in Valencia on Wednesday. 

On 4/4/2019 at 11:43 PM, just_dont said:

Hmmm. Nothing about extending final payment to 6 months (from 12).  As suggested in another thread, it seems like benefits are indeed deteriorating.

Just ask. Am sure you'll get. It's a bit of a game. They don't offer it outright but ask. The worse they can say is "no". A lesson I learned back in college when I made requests so I could structure things so I only had one final exam a day. 😄

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Methinks she is wrong. Sky will be in Valencia on Wednesday. 

You're right - Only the Sun does the WCs. Just finished my latest update of the VOs cruise schedules for all 6 ships. Posted in my Dropbox btw. It's a macro view but sufficient to give a nice consolidated view of what each ship is doing each month. 

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 7:22 AM, Clay Clayton said:

We are midway though our second sea day after leaving San Juan on 3/29/19 headed for Barcelona.  So far lovely cruise with beautiful weather as you can see in the picture. The first picture is our last sight of land as leaving Sint Maarten on Saturday. 

If anyone has any Sea specific questions, i’m happy I try to track down an answer for you. 

838DA40C-8BA1-4326-8781-37E2C82688EF.jpeg

AC91476E-284F-4851-9848-1DC8BE187BC3.jpeg

483B86CA-40C3-4442-A3BD-700A2E0E9AEF.jpeg

24240AA8-1A7B-43B0-960C-FB58B1CF4227.jpeg

363F057A-76AA-4F1F-ACDA-26DBA88092E2.jpeg

Did you use Viking air? And were you allow free check bag?

Thanks for answering, been following your post, we’ll be on the Viking SEA and leaving from San Juan also.

ruimin

6 hours ago, ruimin said:

Did you use Viking air? And were you allow free check bag?

Thanks for answering, been following your post, we’ll be on the Viking SEA and leaving from San Juan also.

ruimin

We did use Viking Air, can’t answer about free bag as we used a roll aboard suitcase.  Sorry 

We we’re pleased with the custom air (got our first choice flights) and with the deviation fee-we flew into San Juan a day early and are leaving from Rome (rather than Barcelona) 8 days after disembarking. 

On 4/7/2019 at 2:43 PM, Clay Clayton said:

Gin and tonic, lots of ice, two limes please!

Thank You! 

Just found this...

"Spanish ports registered some 10,178,169 cruise passengers in 2018,

posting another year of growth, according to a press release.

Barcelona led the way, with 3,049,474 cruise guests and up 12.4 percent year-over-year."

We  have neighbors that will not have more than one slice of lime,

not to mention going on a cruise.

Edited by $hip$hape

• 3 weeks later...

If you are wandering the boat, could you let me know if there are any crew access or storage room doors opposite 3027?  Any idea of how much movement from waves on the open ocean in this part of the ship?

Enjoy your cruise!

7 hours ago, Islandbc said:

If you are wandering the boat, could you let me know if there are any crew access or storage room doors opposite 3027?  Any idea of how much movement from waves on the open ocean in this part of the ship?

Enjoy your cruise!

Unfortunately I’ve been ofcthe ship for two weeks do I can’t help. 

Hello,

I noticed a photo of a frosty glass of beer in your first post!  🙂  Hubby is a craft beer aficionado, and we were wondering about craft beer selections aboard Viking Ocean cruises.  We're off on the Star in July for our first Viking Mediterranean cruise...  Do they have a decent list of beers?  Also, any mixed drinks not included, right?  Just beer/wine during mealtime hours?

Thanks in advance,

Leslie

4 hours ago, BruinBuckeye said:

Hello,

I noticed a photo of a frosty glass of beer in your first post!  🙂  Hubby is a craft beer aficionado, and we were wondering about craft beer selections aboard Viking Ocean cruises.  We're off on the Star in July for our first Viking Mediterranean cruise...  Do they have a decent list of beers?  Also, any mixed drinks not included, right?  Just beer/wine during mealtime hours?

Thanks in advance,

Leslie

Leslie,

I saw a copy of the beer selections from the first World Cruise and while fairly extensive, I don't recall any ales from Micro Breweries. I have checked every port we visit, listing all the craft breweries. Hoping to visit a few breweries when ashore.

Unfortunately during the cruise I might have to suffer some mass produced liquid from a few different countries.

13 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Leslie,

I saw a copy of the beer selections from the first World Cruise and while fairly extensive, I don't recall any ales from Micro Breweries. I have checked every port we visit, listing all the craft breweries. Hoping to visit a few breweries when ashore.

Unfortunately during the cruise I might have to suffer some mass produced liquid from a few different countries.

I have faith you shall muddle through.  If you tire of the tinned or bottled beers I will share a wee draft of our Jack Daniel's with you.  What a sport I am.🍺

8 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

I have faith you shall muddle through.  If you tire of the tinned or bottled beers I will share a wee draft of our Jack Daniel's with you.  What a sport I am.🍺

Thanks Jim, but even back in the days when I drank Whisky, it was only ever the nectar from my homeland. Looking forward to trying the San Pedro Brewery in a few months. 🍺🍺

8 hours ago, arlybest said:

Any issues with getting reservations for other dining rooms after boarding?

On first cruise 14 nights, we had no trouble getting reservations and ate in specialty restaurants on 7 of those nights.  The Chef's Table changed every 3 days.  Not our normal way to dine and being in a V cabin we could not make dining reservations before boarding.  We liked the first one we tried on it's last night and made plans to come back the next night for the new menu the next night and when we left that night we had reservations for the other three menus.  On the second, a twelve night cruise, Chef's Table had changed to a new menu every other night.  Traveled with someone else and they had dietary restrictions so that also figured into planning.  On this cruise we could not get in on two of the rotations since we didn't act early enough.  We ate in specialty restaurants 5 of the 12 nights.

On 4/30/2019 at 2:27 PM, johnandlinda said:

What was the normal daytime temperature on this cruise? We really wanna do a TA and looking at this same cruise next year. We like to be out and about on the ship so wondered if its warm enough to enjoy?

We loved the temperatures and wore shorts most days.  As I recall, daytime temperatures were in the upper sixties-lower seventies while the evening temperature was probably 10 degrees lower.  The covered pool was well used and they usually had the roof open a hair to keep it from being too warm. The infinity pool wasn't used as much this year as last but that may be because they kept the roof closed on the main pool last year and it was miserably humid and hot inside. As always, YMMV and of course while we had on shorts some folks had on puffy jackets!😜

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We loved the temperatures and wore shorts most days.  As I recall, daytime temperatures were in the upper sixties-lower seventies while the evening temperature was probably 10 degrees lower.  The covered pool was well used and they usually had the roof open a hair to keep it from being too warm. The infinity pool wasn't used as much this year as last but that may be because they kept the roof closed on the main pool last year and it was miserably humid and hot inside. As always, YMMV and of course while we had on shorts some folks had on puffy jackets!😜

In less than 200 days,

DW, Catherine, and I will be doing the Atlantic Southern Crossing, of the Viking Jupiter.

Sailing from  Barcelona to Buenos Aires, Argentina, starting November 13, 2019. 

Let me know, on the cruise critic roll-call thread, if anyone is interested..

Michael

Edited by $hip$hape

22 minutes ago, $hip$hape said:

In less than 200 days,

DW, Catherine, and I will be doing the Atlantic Southern Crossing, of the Viking Jupiter.

Sailing from  Barcelona to Buenos Aires, Argentina, starting November 13, 2019. 

Let me know, on the cruise critic roll-call thread, if anyone is interested..

Michael

Day Port / City Arrive Depart
1 Barcelona --- 10:00 pm
2 At Sea --- ---
3 Malaga 8:00 am 6:00 pm
4 Casablanca 10:00 am 6:00 pm
5 At Sea --- ---
6 At Sea --- ---
7 At Sea --- ---
8 Dakar 8:00 am 5:00 pm
9 At Sea --- ---
10 At Sea --- ---