First cruise with Windstar - WOW

Luv my furbaby

We have always loved the WS experience, finished our 25 th, nice as the first one in 1999. So glad you both are fans and Furbaby so happy your first was great. 

Welcome to the WS family. Msears101 so right we simply are in the love it category. So much so we have never tried any other company. Happy Sailing.

We don't cruise very often as we love to take land based holidays in Europe which is so close to us in the UK and we also love our NZ holidays.

We have only ever cruised on Windstar as we love the small ships but haven't been on the Surf since 2009,our last cruise being on the Legend and the one before on the little Star.

However, our first three cruises were on the Surf and we can hardly wait to get back on board for our Lisbon to Barcelona cruise in July. I expect we shall notice a few refurbishment changes but hope the ambience will be the same.

• Like 1

We have dine Barcelona to Lisbon on the Surf, fabulous trip. The ports are so interesting, Spain and Portugal great. The optical illusion going under the Lisbon bridge amazing. We loved every second. Happy Sailing.

PS Make sure you have extra time in Barcelona and Lisbon wonderful cities, so much to see and do. 

Yes, we are so looking forward to it. We have been to Lisbon before and other areas of Portugal like the eastern Algarve and the island of Madeira and love the country and the people.However, we don't know Spain very well.The only places we know are Majorca and Barcelona.

We intend to have a couple of days in Lisbon before we sail and have booked a walking 'foodie' tour which should give us plenty of tastes of different Portuguese dishes and wines.We did one of these tours in Istanbul and it was fabulous and are using the same company for the Lisbon tour.

I am expecting it to be very hot in July so we plan on being out and about in the ports as early as possible to allow some relaxation time on board during the afternoon.I have my birthday when we are in Malaga and we've booked a local guide for a two to three hour walking tour and then we'll  have a nice lunch somewhere.

Although I would love to see the Alhambra I cannot face the long coach journey and all the walking around in the heat amongst the summer crowds so decided to skip this.Have you been?

Dear Traval, we did this trip at the end of October and in Lisbon we stayed on the Surf to cross the Atlantic. Perfect weather 60’s the entire way, gentle ocean even as we went into the Atlantic after Gibraltar. We did not do the Alhambra. I do not like  bus tours and I do not need to see what the crowds do. At 100 degrees possibly, not for us with crowds I could not think of much worse.  My interests are art, opera and food culture. I loved Malaga, wonderful feel to this town. There are mini fortresses in each town which are interesting. Simply a lovely cruise with lots to see and do in each port. Great way to see the coast of Spain. Enjoy.

Strenz, I totally agree with you about bus tours and we try to avoid them as much as possible.We also have no interest in lying on a beach.Give me an art gallery or historic building and quiet,away from the madding crowd, streets to stroll, then I am happy.

I am sure we'll have a wonderful time.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, Luv my furbaby said:

Just returned from my first cruise with Wind Star and it was amazing. I’ve cruised in excess of 20 times before and I have never enjoyed those cruises as much as I did with Wind Star. Loved Wind Surf. 

Review coming later

"Review coming later" ………..really.  Do not be a tease, let us hear it.