Specialty Restaurants on Sun Princess

They do have the Japanese style restaurant with fake sushi and sashimi type meals available when close to Australia. I dare say when JTB charters the ship for its upcoming world cruise the sushi restaurant will revert to real sushi instead of the abomination they are serving to please the western palate. It is a good restaurant and offers a good meal choice if it is run properly. If the ingredients are there then there is a good chance you can have a real sushi experience if you ask for it.

The steakhouse is up in the buffet of an evening. Nothing special in the set up just closed off from the rest of the buffet.

Fake sushi is the kind of garbage that is filled with avocado, cucumber and all sorts of abominable ingredients that were never meant to be inserted or wrapped. It is only because the unrefined tastes of some people cannot handle wasabi that is usually inserted. Garbage like California Rolls! *****!!! give me a break, that is all fake, crap and garbage. Its not real sushi, tastes nothing like real sushi and ought to be a trademark infringement or whatever lawsuit the French came up with to reclaim the word champagne.

Anything with avocado, cucumber or anything other than wasabi or raw fish is fake sushi, chirashizushi excepted which is a different type to the nigiri and maki/temaki type that the mainstream shops seem to sell.

I like fake sushi then, I also like a lot of other “fake” foods from around the world as well I imagine.

One thing I don’t do is use inflammatory and bullying language in posts to make me feel superior. 

57 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

Fake sushi is the kind of garbage that is filled with avocado, cucumber and all sorts of abominable ingredients that were never meant to be inserted or wrapped. It is only because the unrefined tastes of some people cannot handle wasabi that is usually inserted. Garbage like California Rolls! *****!!! give me a break, that is all fake, crap and garbage. Its not real sushi, tastes nothing like real sushi and ought to be a trademark infringement or whatever lawsuit the French came up with to reclaim the word champagne.

Anything with avocado, cucumber or anything other than wasabi or raw fish is fake sushi, chirashizushi excepted which is a different type to the nigiri and maki/temaki type that the mainstream shops seem to sell.

Me thinks you are confusing sushi and sashimi and a few other types of Japanese cuisine.

Sushi is a Japanese dish of prepared vinegared rice, usually with some sugar and salt, accompanying a variety of ingredients, such as seafood, vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits.

Sashimi is a Japanese delicacy consisting of very fresh raw fish or meat sliced into thin pieces and often eaten with soy sauce.

Makizushi is a type of Japanese sushi roll filled with various fillings. The term makizushi refers to the fact that the sushi is rolled—maki means "to roll," and zushi is the conjugated version of the word "sushi." Makizushi is the best-known type of sushi outside of Japan.

1 hour ago, Brisbane41 said:

Well I guess you know better than the Japanese what their food, Sushi is meant to be. They don't even think their is a difference between real sushi and "fake" sushi. Have you every thought that maybe your Wrong. You recently seem to be a troll. So why are you trolling this board?

Hi John,

We have just finished a cruise in the last two weeks on the Sun.

As well as the ones Cool Cruiser mentioned there is also the Crab Shack that was open on select nights.

Not a speciality restuarant  but a suprise was that we had a pub lunch in the MDR one day. The first time for us on one of the small ships.

John can you tell Eileen that we had one win in trivia and took home some water bottles.

The Sun was in good shape and we really enjoyed the cruise up to Hong Kong.

Thanks

Karryl and Warren

7 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Well I guess you know better than the Japanese what their food, Sushi is meant to be. They don't even think their is a difference between real sushi and "fake" sushi. Have you every thought that maybe your Wrong. You recently seem to be a troll. So why are you trolling this board?

hahaha,

Name me a few Japanese people you personally know?

I know a lot and I do speak Japanese and I know exactly what they think of that stuff.

In fact I just recently went on the Sun Princess with a Japanese lady who told me exactly what she thought of the stuff!

I think you need to take a look in the mirror.

IMG_1064.JPG

17 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Me thinks you are confusing sushi and sashimi and a few other types of Japanese cuisine.

Sushi is a Japanese dish of prepared vinegared rice, usually with some sugar and salt, accompanying a variety of ingredients, such as seafood, vegetables, and occasionally tropical fruits.

Sashimi is a Japanese delicacy consisting of very fresh raw fish or meat sliced into thin pieces and often eaten with soy sauce.

Makizushi is a type of Japanese sushi roll filled with various fillings. The term makizushi refers to the fact that the sushi is rolled—maki means "to roll," and zushi is the conjugated version of the word "sushi." Makizushi is the best-known type of sushi outside of Japan.

You have got it all wrong and probably got it off looking up some internet website.

Sashimi is raw fish and often the same that is placed on the sushi itself except the cut is different. Sashimi can be served in a sushi box known as chirashizushi with the vegetables as well. It is still sushi.

there are several types of sushi temaki or nigiri are just some examples that involve rice. One is a rice ball and the other is in a seaweed wrapper. Both of which the fake versions tend to target to include avocado or cucumber which is never an original ingredient.

4 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

hahaha,

Name me a few Japanese people you personally know?

I know a lot and I do speak Japanese and I know exactly what they think of that stuff.

In fact I just recently went on the Sun Princess with a Japanese lady who told me exactly what she thought of the stuff!

I think you need to take a look in the mirror.

Hahaha,

From you post you didn't know that Japanese lady that well given you don't know her name.

I also speak Japanese however i'm not telepathic so I only know what they tell me . Your Point.

In fact I have been to many of the Shinkansen station Sushi stores and none of them called what you said was "fake" as "fake" some even said it was better than what you describe as "real" sushi.

Also I Can't look in mirrors as they smash into a thousand pieces... waste of money.

3 minutes ago, DDG 41 said:

Hahaha,

From you post you didn't know that Japanese lady that well given you don't know her name.

I also speak Japanese however i'm not telepathic so I only know what they tell me . Your Point.

In fact I have been to many of the Shinkansen station Sushi stores and none of them called what you said was "fake" as "fake" some even said it was better than what you describe as "real" sushi.

Also I Can't look in mirrors as they smash into a thousand pieces... waste of money.

I am not stupid enough to put names on the internet. I think you are spinning lies now. I have heard it all too often directly from the Japanese that western style is fake. They won't touch it. They are very fussy about the sushi they eat, how it is served among other things. If your only dining experience in Japan is on train lines then it certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

1 minute ago, Brisbane41 said:

I am not stupid enough to put names on the internet. I think you are spinning lies now. I have heard it all too often directly from the Japanese that western style is fake. They won't touch it. They are very fussy about the sushi they eat, how it is served among other things. If your only dining experience in Japan is on train lines then it certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

But you want me to put names of people onto the internet. Hypocritical much. I'm Also pretty sure what you were doing was cat fishing.

You seem to be referring to sashimi. They've told me it doesn't matter how it is served or eaten except in traditional setting .

Also yes I was spinning lies, the mirrors actually smash into 1,000,000,000 pieces.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

38 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

You have got it all wrong and probably got it off looking up some internet website.

Sashimi is raw fish and often the same that is placed on the sushi itself except the cut is different. 

*****?

The descriptions of sashimi are practically identical, I don't know what you are understanding of it is but then you are in your own world. 

2 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

*****?

The descriptions of sashimi are practically identical, I don't know what you are understanding of it is but then you are in your own world. 

You need to look up chirashizushi and it might help.

The fish can either be cut and placed on a sushi roll and served as nigirizushi or it can be cut differently and served independently of rice as sashimi or placed in the chirashizushi box. If you eat the raw fish without placing it on a rice ball or in a cone or in a box then it is just called sashimi

5 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

You need to look up chirashizushi and it might help.

The fish can either be cut and placed on a sushi roll and served as nigirizushi or it can be cut differently and served independently of rice as sashimi or placed in the chirashizushi box. If you eat the raw fish without placing it on a rice ball or in a cone or in a box then it is just called sashimi

You have contradicted yourself by confirming exactly what I had posted.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

You have contradicted yourself by confirming exactly what I had posted.

No you had it wrong where you listed categories. Makizushi is sushi. It is just a type. I have always been aware of this.

Sashimi where you copied and pasted from some article is raw fish, but you omitted the fact it is the same raw fish that goes on top of nigiri rice balls or inside the temaki or cone or inside the chirashizushi box mixed with vegetables.

However the basic point is that avocado, cucumber and anything like that is NOT on authentic sushi ever. That is the difference between fake and real. The moment avocado or cucumber goes anywhere near sushi it becomes fake. Wasabi is what goes with sushi and is sometimes placed on the underside of the raw fish before it goes on the nigiri rice ball.

Where the wasabi is substituted with cucumber of avocado it turns real sushi into fake sushi and thus becomes an abomination.

1 hour ago, strathnaver said:

Cucumber was never meant to be inserted? 😲

This gave me a huge belly laugh :classic_laugh:

BTW we love putting vegies in our "fake" sushi at home and our Japanese exchange student enjoyed them too, but not as much as the fake meat pies and Supermarket chocolate cookies.

Edited by Sallyandtex
added

1 hour ago, Brisbane41 said:

No you had it wrong where you listed categories. Makizushi is sushi. It is just a type. I have always been aware of this.

Sashimi where you copied and pasted from some article is raw fish, but you omitted the fact it is the same raw fish that goes on top of nigiri rice balls or inside the temaki or cone or inside the chirashizushi box mixed with vegetables.

However the basic point is that avocado, cucumber and anything like that is NOT on authentic sushi ever. That is the difference between fake and real. The moment avocado or cucumber goes anywhere near sushi it becomes fake. Wasabi is what goes with sushi and is sometimes placed on the underside of the raw fish before it goes on the nigiri rice ball.

Where the wasabi is substituted with cucumber of avocado it turns real sushi into fake sushi and thus becomes an abomination.

Rightio, I have got it and know exactly where the Wasabi needs to go.

3 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

But you want me to put names of people onto the internet. Hypocritical much. I'm Also pretty sure what you were doing was cat fishing.

You seem to be referring to sashimi. They've told me it doesn't matter how it is served or eaten except in traditional setting .

Also yes I was spinning lies, the mirrors actually smash into 1,000,000,000 pieces.

Careful,his battleship looks bigger than yours.