Beach Advice please!!! (seaweed paranoia)

WandHinTX

So we're going to be in Barbados a week from today and have been planning on going to Crane Beach after our visit to Foursquare, but now I'm nervous about the seaweed. I'm sure it's awesome and the seaweed could be overlooked, but it's our 10 year anniversary and would rather have a nice clean beach with that beautiful B'dos water.

There's going to be several other ships in port that day too, so somewhere that won't be overrun by crowds would be preferable. Can anyone recommend a less crowded beach on the south or west coast that has chairs/umbrellas available, and maybe a beach bar? I'm kind of eyeballing Pebbles or Brownes in Carlisle Bay, but a little worried about the crowds.

Thanks in advance!

Will

16 hours ago, WandHinTX said:

So we're going to be in Barbados a week from today and have been planning on going to Crane Beach after our visit to Foursquare, but now I'm nervous about the seaweed. I'm sure it's awesome and the seaweed could be overlooked, but it's our 10 year anniversary and would rather have a nice clean beach with that beautiful B'dos water.

There's going to be several other ships in port that day too, so somewhere that won't be overrun by crowds would be preferable. Can anyone recommend a less crowded beach on the south or west coast that has chairs/umbrellas available, and maybe a beach bar? I'm kind of eyeballing Pebbles or Brownes in Carlisle Bay, but a little worried about the crowds.

Thanks in advance!

Will

Rico's By The Sea

Away from the crowds and no T'erds.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, helensobol said:

Can you tell me whereabouts this is?  I see a rico's on the beach near Alleynes Bay.  This the place?

Yes.

It is holding all required government licences and permits.

It is the only beach bar approved by the Royal Westmorland Group.

It has a chef not just a cook.

it has a very nice small beachwear shop, with beautiful one-off pieces for ladies.

it has soft padded beds and umberellas for rent.  

US$ 25.00 for a complete set of 2 beads and umberella.

It has a very genteel clientele.

Enjoy

• 4 weeks later...

As far as the seaweed...We've been there several times and never encountered any at the beaches we have been to. However, we just returned from there a week ago and there was no seaweed when we arrived. We went scuba diving and by the time we returned, the beach was loaded with it. It was so weird. We were only out about 1 hour total. So, weather conditions and how wavy the water is will always play a part in it. 

Enjoy your time there. 

18 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

As far as the seaweed...We've been there several times and never encountered any at the beaches we have been to. However, we just returned from there a week ago and there was no seaweed when we arrived. We went scuba diving and by the time we returned, the beach was loaded with it. It was so weird. We were only out about 1 hour total. So, weather conditions and how wavy the water is will always play a part in it. 

Enjoy your time there. 

What beach did you wind up going to?  Looking forward to another excellent trip report.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sargassum is sporadic. Now you see it, now you don't!

West Coast beaches usually don't get it.

Carlisle Bay gets it sometimes -it wraps around Hilton on Needham's Point.

South Coast gets it, if and when it's a-comin-down at us!

Like sharks.... un-predictable!