Summit inside cabins...new to Celebrity.

Disfan5

12 hours ago, Disfan5 said:

All the cruise lines are able to have 4 people per room, including Celebrity.  They have upper berths that fold down from the ceiling.  Kind of like a bunk bed with a ladder at the end.  The room steward can fold it up during the day so it's out of the way.  Some cabins will use the convertible sofa bed and one upper, and some have two upper berths.  One of the NCL ships we were on had one upper and a trundle type bed that was under the regular bed and raised up to be regular height.  It was interesting.

I've seen a few pictures of the upper berths on Celebrity ships.

It's subject to capacity controls...based upon life boat space.  X has been reducing  permitted capacity in some cabins to adjust for the added cabins after renovation..

In my opinion, the best inside cabins are on deck 11 cat 09.  You will find these cabins on the Connie, Infinity and Millennium .  They are in the same area as the Spa cabins.  There is a little area as a lounge...open one door and you are on an outside deck with lounge chairs for sunbathing very private...or....go thru another door and walk down a set of outside stairs and you are at the bar at the back of the ship...perfect place to sit and have a drink, look at the stars and just a couple of steps behind the bar and you can have a great steak grilled to your order ( for free)  We are Elite and have always been booking the Cons. class ( usually near a library) We booked this cabin because it was a fluke....enjoyed it so much I don't think we will go back to the Cons...up to this time we had been on the Connie several times all over North America and Europe.....think of the money we would have saved !!!...my husband just told me I shouldn't have given away this secret...😲

15 minutes ago, aamechs2 said:

Inside room pics Deck 3 room 3097. Loved the location

CE4C73DC-2D6D-435F-9729-B5D9FA44C67D.jpeg

A100224B-B8E8-49F9-9A1A-5026132AB685.jpeg

What is the purpose of those black / metallic-looking dots on the walls to either side of the bed? Are they bumpers / stops for the Pullman beds? If a cabin has no Pullman, will it also not have the bumpers?

I’m a bit of a klutz and sometimes will just lose my balance for no reason, would hate to smack into one of those during one of those moments! 😅

3 hours ago, aamechs2 said:

They are for the upper bunks. It would be hard to run into them, they don’t stick out very far and have rubber on the end. 

Bumping your head on the bunk bed would be the real issue. Talk about being crammed in like sardines. 😲 

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2019 at 3:52 PM, TommyD3 said:

We sail frequently in inside cabins.

The Summit recently went thru a renovation.

Unfortunately the closet space was reduced !!!

Definitely would NOT recommend 4 people in the same inside cabin.

There are many connecting insides at the front of the ship.

We have done that MANY times for a month or more at a time.

The other issue is the pullman berth.

Many think normal Celebrity beds are hard.

The pullman is like sleeping on the floor !!!

On 4/10/2019 at 3:40 PM, fitlove said:

I dont see how you can sleep 4? The sofa enough for one person, we bring our daughter with us.  The beds are fine but cant fit 3 people.  There is no floor space for the 4th person once the sofa is pulled out! Unless its 2 parents and 2 kids, 3 adults and a teenager will not work in a inside...How can celebrity not tell you this. I am very stingy with money and always book inside but there is nooo way this is possible.

We have a booking for next year Jan in cabin inside 7046.

This room comes with a convertible sofa for the 3rd guest.

All the inside cabin photos shows the bed in the inside cabins being positioned parallel to the side walls and between the room and bath there is the sofa and the dressing table.

This would mean if we open the sofa bed, that is fully blocking the space in the middle so those sleeping in the normal beds (twin setting) can not exit to the bathroom in the night.

I m searching for photos with open sofa bed but could not find any.

Would it be possible that for rooms with convertible sofa has different layout?

E.g. like the balcony rooms, the bed perpendicular to the side walls, and the dressing table and sofa not by the bathroom, but by the rear wall.

Also can any of you tell me if the room steward is closing/opening the sofa bed every morning/evening?

Thanks a lot.

If you survived inside rooms on NCL Dawn/Jewel class you will be more than fine.

I have no problem sailing in them as it is only two of us, but from time to time we get cabin for three with pullman bad closed, but hanging from the wall and with so little space it is tough to avoid bumping into it.

Celebrity insides are and feel much roomier.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:04 AM, myjillian said:

In my opinion, the best inside cabins are on deck 11 cat 09.  You will find these cabins on the Connie, Infinity and Millennium .  They are in the same area as the Spa cabins.  There is a little area as a lounge...open one door and you are on an outside deck with lounge chairs for sunbathing very private...or....go thru another door and walk down a set of outside stairs and you are at the bar at the back of the ship...perfect place to sit and have a drink, look at the stars and just a couple of steps behind the bar and you can have a great steak grilled to your order ( for free)  We are Elite and have always been booking the Cons. class ( usually near a library) We booked this cabin because it was a fluke....enjoyed it so much I don't think we will go back to the Cons...up to this time we had been on the Connie several times all over North America and Europe.....think of the money we would have saved !!!...my husband just told me I shouldn't have given away this secret...😲

I'm pretty sure the OP was asking about Summit..

The "Spa" cabins are actually Aqua Class cabins.

Having been on the Summit a dozen times, and many other Celebrity ships, I have never heard of "Cons" class??

On 4/5/2019 at 11:56 PM, Disfan5 said:

How does everyone like the MDR?  Should we do the set time dining or anytime?  How is the buffet in the evening?  How dressy is everyone on regular nights?

What is the "not to miss" dessert?  What is your favorite entree?  What's the best pizza?

Any suggestions on cruising Celebrity style would be greatly welcomed!

I like the MDR.  We now do Select dining, and never make a reservation (we think it defeats the purpose of being flexible on a daily basis).  The longest wait we have ever had is 5 or 6 minutes.

There is a dress code and most follow it.  Shorts and flip-flops are a no-no in the MDR.  As to the buffet, in 36 cruises, we have not tried it in the evening.  I'm sure it is fine, I'm not buffet fan.

The ice cream is made on the ship, and I absolutely love it!  I also like their cheese plate as a dessert.

On the Summit the inside,icv&balcony are all 170 square feet. On 5-26-19 10 night cruise to bermuda,Boston & Bar Harbor we had a balcony but on our 14 night cruise to NE & Canada on 10-6-19 we will have a inside cabin. The Summit after refit is like a new ship.

On 4/8/2019 at 7:23 PM, Disfan5 said:

We already have our cabin booked, so that's not an issue.   I think we just have a regular cabin, but I will check on it.  

Any other advise or tips about Celebrity are welcomed.  

I know on Carnival, we love the Chocolate Melting cake.  Is there any not to miss desserts?

In the Café Al Bacio area they have a desserts case. The fancy coffees have a charge, but the food offered is complimentary. My husband liked the Carrot Cake, and I really liked the Tres Leches cake they served. The carrot cake was traditional with cream cheese frosting. The Tres Leches cake was fluffy with soft cake and meringue, it was so good. So they offer a changing selection of cakes, tarts, mousses, and cookies. I didn't see macarons there, don't know if they offer those at all. In general the sweets offered there are very good.