What is the Oasis on the Volendam?

hmmm

MyDH and I are booked for a Panama Cruise this April on the Volendam.  Only cruised 5 times, and this is our first Holland trip.  We purchased a Thermal Suite pass for an Alaskan Cruise, and loved it.......my questions............have you still used the Thermal Suite when you have cruised in warmer areas?.............is the Thermal Suite available during Port days, if we don’t feel like going ashore?................What typically is the cost for  20 days for a couple?................. How big is the Thelasotherapy pool on the Volendam?...................... How many steam rooms, and are they aromatherapy?...............What are the typical hours of operation?................ any other insights that you may have, as we are fairly new to the whole thing..........

I don’t know where this older post came from......I really am new to this.  I wanted to know about the Oasis.  It is showing up on the sky deck, but I havent been able to find any pictures, nor have read anything about what it exactly is.  Any input would be appreciated.

17 minutes ago, hmmm said:

I don’t know where this older post came from......I really am new to this.  I wanted to know about the Oasis.  It is showing up on the sky deck, but I havent been able to find any pictures, nor have read anything about what it exactly is.  Any input would be appreciated.

As far as I know it is a special section just reserved for teeners to meet.

1 minute ago, Ine said:

As far as I know it is a special section just reserved for teeners to meet.

Exactly it’s a  spot reserved for teenagers.

Not to be confused with the Oasis on other ships which has cabanas (the bigger ones) 

This is what the Oasis, a secluded, teens-only sun deck with covered snack areas with hammocks, cave and wade pool complete with nine-foot high tropical waterfall, used to look like. Understand those "teen-only" areas on the few ships that have them, are no longer actively being used

HAL VODM Oasis.jpg

• Like 1

Veendam has (had?) the Oasis. That's what it looked like when I saw it several years ago. I wanted to stand in the waterfall and then lounge in the hammock. Sadly, I'm not the demographic for that area...

Copper, is it just closed off, or has it been dismantled?

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Exactly it’s a  spot reserved for teenagers.

Not to be confused with the Oasis on other ships which has cabanas (the bigger ones) 

Oasis has nothing to do with cabanas on any ship. That is the Retreat.

1 minute ago, CruiserBruce said:

Oasis has nothing to do with cabanas on any ship. That is the Retreat.

Oops my error - a few people referred to it as that on our cruise once.

You are correct of course, apologies.

8 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Veendam has (had?) the Oasis. That's what it looked like when I saw it several years ago. I wanted to stand in the waterfall and then lounge in the hammock. Sadly, I'm not the demographic for that area...

Copper, is it just closed off, or has it been dismantled?

It's still there but obviously in disrepair, not being maintained anymore